This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Meet Janay Garrett, A senior here at Georgia southern from Macon Georgia!

• What is your major? “ I am A Mathematics major”

• What do you plan on doing with your major? “For right now I would like to go into consulting or business analytics”

• Name two things you like to do with your spare time? “ I Like to listen to music and hang out with friends”

• What made you want to come to Georgia southern?” When I took a tour my senior year of high school I was sold on all of the hospitality GSU offered. Everyone was extra nice and went out of their way to make you feel comfortable and on top of all of that they had a quick turnaround acceptance notice”

• What is the worst? “Parking and transportation for sure, it’s horrible, I have so many tickets its ridiculous”

• If you could change one thing about Georgia Southern what would it be? “I wish there was more to do in Statesboro outside of school, gathering wise. A go cart place would be nice, I just don’t like having to travel all the way to Savannah every time I want to have a nice time outside of a party.”

• What is your favorite thing to do while away at school? “I enjoy going out and trying new places to eat, and traveling to the bordering cities.”

• What is your favorite place on campus and why?  “My favorite place is most definitely the 2nd floor of the IT building, it’s quiet and easier to focus because I can’t di libraries.”

• Are you a member of any clubs or organizations?  “I am apart of MAA, and last year I did a lot for collegiate 100, I was a CL, and peer leader.”

• If so, can you give a brief overview of what you all stand for? C 100- is a student organization that promotes women and business with a main focus on mentoring you girls. The MAA is a Professional mathematical organization that is geared towards anyone who likes math as well as has a major in it. And a peer leader is a teacher assistant for FYE class.” I enjoyed all of them though.”

• What is your biggest gift that will help you succeed in the college world? Communication for sure!

• How can this help prompt you? Throughout college there will be a lot of trial and tribulations which require being able to communicate effectively, so it’s a good skill to have.

• Advice for upcoming freshman: Enjoy every moment and try new things. Just do it

Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.