This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

If you have been on social media this past couple of days, you might have seen the HurtBae video. In this video, you see an ex-couple come face to face and the male explains to the young lady why he cheated on her. In the video, both of them also speak of their time spent together, but mainly it’s focused on all the cheating issues that they faced as a couple.

After watching this video, there was a lot of issues that were running through my mind for both sides of the relationship.

From the female perspective, I felt sorry for her, but I was also irritated because she talks about the numerous times she caught him cheating but didn’t leave (especially when she saw someone else in his room and he told her to leave). I also saw in her eyes that she truly loved this man despite the stuff that he put her through.

From the male perspective, I was upset that he would put her through that and have her feeling that way. You could just tell by that girl’s face that she was trying to keep a straight face, but she was absolutely broken inside and he barely had any emotion. I think it was cool for him to at least come and give her closure (except for the time he said he wasn’t counting when she said how many times he cheated on her), but it is what it is.

Now that the video has gone viral, it made me think that if anyone would have the courage to have this type of conversation with their ex. Although I have not seen this personally, I think this could strike up a good conversation between others to at least give somebody the proper closure that they deserve. To be cheated on is difficult because there has to be a moment when that person feels like it was their fault and that they caused that to happen.

It also shows that just because you are the right person in your eyes, does not mean you are in their eyes. Some people do not respect that because mentally and emotionally they are not ready to take on that type of person. That does not mean that they should go out of their way and hurt you. That means that they need to be with themselves until they figure it out or leave people like that alone. You can be the best person in the world, but that doesn’t mean anything to someone who is not the right person for you.

Taisha White

Georgia Southern

Taisha White 23 Georgia Southern University Senior Multimedia Journalism Major Just trying to make my dreams come true
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.