How Women Prepare For The First Intimate Encounter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

First encounters are always nerve wracking especially for women. Unlike men, most women plan for their intimate unveiling moment. There are a few things that women do almost routinely. 

6. Topic of Discussion

Sorry fellas, but we’re letting a close friend or two know about this encounter. We’re gathering up ideas, advice, suggestions, and making sure we’re not making a devastating mistake. Sure final say goes to us, but we’re on a high, blinded by his sweet charm and physical attraction, and the last thing we need is our bestie crying over a F-boy. 

5. Lingerie

What better way to feel confident and sexy than getting a new pair of matching intimates (preferably in his favorite color). Men are more visual when it comes to attraction, and being visually appealing benefits you. His performance will definitely skyrocket. 

4. Prep Talk

You’re anticipating the moment, but you’ll also contemplate whether or not you’ll actually go through with it. Mentally preparing yourself for an intimate moment is much needed. Reassuring yourself if this is what you really want is extremely important. You don’t want to have any regrets later. First encounters should be special and memorable and not a reoccurring nightmare in your head. 

3. YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!

Believe the hype! Yes, there are certain foods that alter your body fluids. They include pineapples, strawberries, citrus fruits, jasmine tea, cranberry juice, and LOTS OF WATER! Not only will you naturally smell sweet, but you’ll taste amazing too! 

2. Taking It All Off

We’re talking about hair of course. Waxing/Shaving is a must. We want our bodies to be smooth and hairless for our rendezvous.  

1. Cleansing/Detoxing

Showering is the most logical action to take before an intimate moment. Hygiene is extremely important for both men and women during intercourse. Using the bathroom is also quite common. You want to get rid of any waste to avoid any embarrassing moments. Showering/bathing, sprays, perfume, oils, and lotions will definitely benefit you for the day/night, and your partner will be very appreciative of this extra mile.

Whether or not it’s going to be romantic or a Netflix and chill kind of encounter, we’ve already decided what we’re wearing, the color of polish on our nails and toes, candles and incense aroma, bed sheets, positions, and how far we’re willing to go for this day/night . Every detail is highly considered. 

Bridget Johnson

Georgia Southern

I’m Bridget! I have a degree in Business and currently majoring in Psychology. My ultimate goal is to have my own practice. I love glamour, fashion, photography, writing, art, dance, poetry-really any form of expression. I’m almost always with family or friends, although I do love some “me” time. I’m a free spirit and enjoy meeting new people.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.