How to Survive the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

The Thanksgiving break has come to a close and now you’re left with two more weeks of the most stressful part of the semester.

How will you survive?

The first thing you have to start with is your mindset. There is no way that stressing, groaning, sighing, and complaining will make anything easier, or make anyone feel less stressed. In fact, I get ridiculously even more stressed when I constantly hear someone complain about their stress. Like we’re all stressed here… Try to have a future perspective. This stressful couple of weeks is only a speck in the grand scheme of things. Sure, that doesn’t diminish the weight of the stress now, but it reminds you that you will not be stuck in this moment forever.

The second thing to do is time management. You have to plan times to study and complete work BUT you also have to plan times to relax and regroup. You can’t expect cramming to be healthy for you. Make an agenda of your exam dates and times and corresponding times to study.

The third thing you should do is change our surroundings. You might have to surround yourself with people other than your friends. They may be fun but you won’t be able to concentrate on studying. You may have to surround yourself with silence. You may have to delete social media just for a while. You have to cut off all distractions, you aren’t missing too much. You won’t regret it after finals.

The third thing to do is to remind yourself that you are not your GPA. This is definitely easier said than done. But if you are only guaranteed satisfaction through an A, it could potentially be impossible. You have to put your best into your efforts and let that leave you content.

With all of these tips in mind, hopefully you are able to survive and prosper during finals week.

LaVonna Wright

Georgia Southern

LaVonna is a Junior at Georgia Southern University. She is currently pursuing a major in English Literature with a minor in Religious Studies. LaVonna worked as a writer for the 2017-2018 school year, and is now the editor for the 2018-2019 school year. She loves all of the softer things in life and aspires to use her passion for written word to help others become the best version of themselves. Check out her personal blog: lavonnawrites.com or follow her on Instagram @_lwright "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.