How to Clear Blackheads with 3 Things in Your Kitchen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Many of us who suffer from oily skin have probably spent a fortune trying different products in an attempt to get rid of blackheads. But did you know that there are 3 simple things that could help alleviate your blackhead struggle?  If you didn’t your friends at Her Campus Georgia Southern have the solution. We bring you: How to Clear Blackheads with 3 Things in Your Kitchen.

A Lemon Salt Scrub is a simple way to cleanse the skin. 

Lemons are natural astringents that help to clean pores and control oil buildup.

Salt is a natural exfoliate and helps the lemon in scrubbing the face.

Ingredients:

·         1 tablespoon coarse sea salt

·         ½ teaspoon lemon juice (from an actual lemon).

·         1 teaspoon water

Directions:

1.       Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.  (Do NOT use too much lemon or you will burn your skin).

2.       Use fingers or exfoliating brush to massage the mixer on your face in a circular motion for 2 minutes. Do NOT scrub too hard you will make your skin raw.

3.       Rinse with warm water.

4. Use an ice cube to seal pores (you may want to wet it before so it doesn’t stick to you). 

And that’s all there is too it. Lemon, salt, and ice! You’re welcome.

Bianca Yarde

Georgia Southern

Bianca is a student at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, GA, studying Spanish and Psychology. A Native New Yorker, she prides herself on her “tell it like it is,” personality. In her free time she enjoys writing, reading, watching gangster and classic movies, and volunteering. Her mission in life is to help others. After graduation, she plans to become a teacher and open a bakery.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.