This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

As many of you may know, Jaclyn Hill worked with Becca cosmetics last year to create her perfect highlight shade, Champagne Pop. Just for a little background, Jaclyn Hill is a Youtuber who mainly makes makeup tutorial videos. Over the years she has gathered millions of subscribers. So it was a HUGE deal that a youtuber got to work with a major makeup brand. Although I don’t have my own channel, I’m an avid Youtube watcher myself. Becca is known for their simple, yet sleek packaging and that’s one thing I love about them. At $38, it might be a little expensive for someone who is just starting getting into makeup. But personally, I think it is 100% worth the cost. If you don’t want to go out and just cough up $38…totally understandable. Rose Champagne Pop by Wet n Wild is an amazing dupe. This brand was created by Fergie and can be found in stores at Walmart and Target for about $6. One thing I’ve noticed is that most of the people I’ve seen using Champagne Pop happen to be White. So is Champagne Pop a women of color friendly highlighter?

In my opinion, YES! I’ve owned Champagne Pop for about two months now and I absolutely love it. It is my go to highlight and I find myself reaching for it almost everyday. It’s the perfect combination of shimmer and glitter so that you could use it as a subtle everyday highlight, or build it up for a dramatic look. One concern some people have is that it may make them look ashy. I personally have never had that problem. For reference, my skin color is NW45 according to MAC foundation. I’ve also swatched the highlighter on my arm, one is a pigmented swatch and the other is blended out.

For anyone who’s interested in purchasing, Becca just made this product a permanent item! You can find it at your local Sephora or Ulta, or online.

Leave a little sparkle wherever you go Blog⇝ astoldbyautumn.wordpress.com
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.