HCGS Vice President: Danyelle Gaines

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

What made you join Her Campus at Georgia Southern?

I attended the student organization fair at Georgia Southern and I saw Her Campus’s table and wanted to see what it was about. I figured that since I’m a journalism major it would be great for me to get some experience by writing for an online magazine.Plus, I felt it was time for me to become more involved on campus and network with people that had similar interest as me.

What positions have you had within Her Campus at Georgia Southern?

Other than writing for my chapter, I’ve been the Social Media Director, and I’m currently the Vice President. Whoot Whoot! (:

Why should others join Her Campus Georgia Southern?

I think it would be great to be apart of our team because you not learn how to write for an online magazine, but you also gain knowledge on how to do creative writing without being innappropiate or feeling as if you can’t add your personal style to your writing. There’s opportunity for growth within the organization and also Kendra and I make sure that our members feel welcome no matter who they are and that they have a fun experience. 

Danyelle Gaines

Georgia Southern