This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Looking for a great way to kick your summer? Her Campus is here to give you the scoop on The Hangout Music Festival that will be coming to the beaches of Gulf Shores, AL from May16th-19th!

This amazing festival will allow you to completely immerse yourself in food, music, and sun. Not only will some of your favorite artist be in attendance, but there’s plenty to do while listening to or waiting to hear your favorite song performed live.

Lineup

Some of your favorite artist will be headlining the weekend long festival like;

Cardi B

Diplo

Travis Scott

Bebe Rexha

Ella Mai

Khalid

Just to name a few!

Things you Can Do

The Hangout Music Festival wants to make sure you have a host of activities that will enhance your experience. If you’re not splashing around in one of the pools near the main stage area or kicking back in a hammock, enjoy one of the many other options. From beach clubs and houses with constant dance parties to volleyball courts and even a wedding chapel.The Hangout has something for everybody! Need to recharge after all the dancing and the fierce volleyball competition? Relax at the tropical spa with a nice massage or a hydration IV treatment. There is also no shortage of food options for my fellow foodies out there.  With a number of concessions stands and the festival’s sister restaurant you’re sure to find something you love.

Where to Stay

The Gulf Shore is surrounded by thousands of condos, hotels, and host options that are within walking distance of the festival. The Hangout has a list of exclusive lodging options available, but you want to book fast to get the best deal and location for your personal experience. Having a location right near the grounds of the festival will only be sure to make your music vacation that much more pleasurable and convenient, especially after sipping cocktails all day and fist pumping through the night.

What to Wear

Suns out buns out baby! Should you attend this festival (which you should), you’ll be on the beach all day and you want to be comfortable! A bathing suit is cool, but not necessary if you don’t plan on lounging in the pool area as the main waters of the beach will be closed off (to avoid non-ticket holders crashing the party). Opting for your favorite shorts and a comfy top is a great option.

Prices

From general admission to super exclusive VIP deals and tickets for their kick-off party that Thursday, the Hangout Festival has all the packages to make your individual experience unique. General admission tickets are $299 which includes entry to the venue (yes, they allow re-entry), and access to all the performances and activities. There are also three VIP packages that range from $1099 to $4,500. These packages include several perks like access to exclusive performances, free admissions to Thursday’s kick-off party, VIP stage locations and more!

For more information on the musical vacation of the year, feel free to visit their site.

https://www.hangoutmusicfest.com/

Akaria Stewart

Georgia Southern '19

Akaria Stewart
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.