Georgia Southern’s Top 5 Off Campus Housing Complexes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

As many of you older Georgia Southern University students know, the month of October marks the beginning of leasing season for all off campus housing complexes. With the beginning of leasing season, the entire dorm living population of freshman arise from their caves and into the world of real-life decision-making. Although finding a place to live off campus may seem easy, you need to know the basics and important amenities each complex offers to the student population here in Statesboro, GA. Today I bring you the top 5 most popular and appealing housing sights you will find off campus and away from those pestering Community Leaders.

1. Monarch 301

Distance to campus: 2 minute drive 7-minute walk

Monarch 301 is the closest residence to campus, it’s a great place to live if you don’t have a car and prefer having a few extra minutes of sleep in the morning before class. Monarch 301 is a full one building indoor complex, which means you don’t have to worry about walking outside in the southern heat to pick up a package. Monarch also offers a great variety of amenities for being a one building complex.

Amenities include:

– Full resort style pool

– Out door hammocks

– Fenced dog run

– Beer pong tables

– Ping pong tables

– Full sized sand volleyball court

– Sports Lounge

– 24/7 fitness room

– 24/7 ATM

– ON CALL Staff

– Study Rooms

– Computer/Printer access

– Propane Grills

– Fire Pits

– And many more amenities.

Monarch 301 offers 1,2 and 4 bedroom options. The complex is pet-friendly and residence that chose to house with their furry friends pay a pet fee of $350 plus $30 dollars monthly. For more information on Monarch’s apartment pricing make sure to follow monarch on Intsagram, Twitter and Facebook @Monarch301 for all their updates and don’t be afraid to walk in for a tour.  

They are located at 816 S. Main Street Statesboro, GA 30458

2. The Hamptons

Distance to campus: 4 minute drive 10-minute walk

The Hamptons Statesboro is a brand new off-campus housing complex! They are currently under construction right between Monarch 301 and 111 South.  The Hamptons will consist of cottages and flats that will provide a gorgeous homey feel while being just minutes away from the Georgia Southern campus. With being the new complex, The Hamptons has a lot to compete with.

Amenities include:

– Clubhouse with residence lounge

– Starbucks Machine

– Yoga and Cardio Fitness Centers with on-demand fitness classes

– Cyber Café

– Bicycle Rentals

– Exclusive Concierge Program and Trash Valet

– Open Green Spaces for Horseshoes, Flag Football, Frisbee, and more

– Fire pits throughout the property

– Sand Volleyball Court

– Fenced dog runs

– Tanning Beds

– Walking Trails

– The largest lazy river in Statesboro, GA

– And many more amenities

The Hamptons offers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, bedrooms cottages, flats and 10, 12, 15, 16, and 20 bedroom manor homes. Since the complex is still under construction pricing has yet to become available, but rest assured that info would be out in this coming month. They are currently located two blocks left from the roundabout exiting campus on S. Main St. and are conducting cottage demonstrations Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM. An appointment can be booked by calling 912-290-9595 or by visiting them online at www.hamptonsgsu.com. They also invite everyone to join them on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat for daily prizes and giveaways @HamptonsGSU.

3. 111 South

111 South is a four-building apartment complex that has been here in Statesboro, GA for one year now and is currently in its second leasing year. Located just across South Main Street, 111 is a short and safe walk to campus. Although they do not offer balconies like most complexes in Statesboro they do make up for it in size and space available to residence. This gated community provides its residence with the security of off-campus living.

Amenities include:

– Resort style pool

– Lazy River

– Water volleyball court

– 24/7 fitness room

– Tanning beds

– Computer lounge

– Media center

– Outdoor grills

– Fire pits

– Starbucks Coffee Machine

– Furnished and Unfurnished packages

– Pet-Friendly

111 South offers 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom options, last year’s pricing ranged from $549 for a two-bedroom to $495 for a five bedroom. New pricing options will be released in the coming month so be sure to follow 111 on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest @One11South for updates and walk into their office during office hours for a tour.

They are located at 111 Rucker Ln. Statesboro, GA 30458

4. Forum at Statesboro

Distance to campus:  5-minute drive 17-minute walk.

The Forum at Statesboro is a luxury style student apartment complex. They, like most, offer the option for roommate matching. Roommate matching relieves the stress of finding another roommate for your apartment, through the process you are matched with someone who fits your compatibility.

Amenities include:

– Lap Pool & Spa

– Indoor Volleyball

– Two Free Tanning Beds

– Indoor Basketball Court

– Wi-Fi Cyber Cafe with Coffee Bar

– Outdoor Sand Volleyball Court

– Student Center and Lounge

– Car Care Center

– Dog Park

– Valet Trash Pick-up

– Controlled & Monitored Access Gates

– 24 Hour Fitness Center

– Media Room w/ HDTV

– Professionally Landscaped Grounds

– Picnic / Grilling Area

– High-Speed Internet Access

– PC Fax & Laser Printer

The Forum offers 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom options, their pricing options can be found in office after taking a tour. Don’t miss out on their events and new leasing info this season. Follow the forum on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @forumstatesboro

They are located at 831 S. Main Street Statesboro, GA 30458

5. Aspen Heights

Distance from campus: 10 minute drive to campus

Aspen heights is one of the most appealing complexes off campus due to it’s very impressive setup. Aspen’s complex is a gated “neighborhood” like complex that offers students the opportunity to live in an all-inclusive detached home or town house. As for it’s distance to campus Aspen would result in about an hour walk to campus, but no worries they offer a private shuttle for residents to and from campus so you don’t have to worry about wasting your gas money or finding a parking space. Unlike many other detached home complexes offered to students, Aspen has raised the bar by offering much more than just an empty house.

Amenities include:

– California style pool

– Full volleyball court

– 24/7 fitness room

– Computer Lab

– Movie Theater

– Tanning beds

– Pet-friendly dog run

– Study Lounge

– On-site management

– Private shuttle to and from campus

–  Furnished and Unfurnished packages

Aspen Heights offers 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom townhomes and houses. Last years prices ranged from $614 for a two-bedroom and $554 for a five bedroom. Aspen gives each resident the option to lease under a furnished or unfurnished apartment. Their furniture package includes bedroom furniture and living room furniture and is a $15 extra monthly cost added to rent. Residents who choose to live with their furry friends pay a total of $500 up front, $250 pet fee which is non-refundable and a $250 pet deposit which is refunded upon unit condition at the end of lease. The fall 2015 pricing for Aspen will be released in the coming month, to keeps tabs on more info about Aspen Heights be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @aspenheights. You can contact Amanda Evans, sales and marketing manager, for more information on leasing at 912.681.9703.

They are located at 17358 US Highway 67 Statesboro, GA 30458.

Sandra Morales

Georgia Southern

Hi my name is Sandra, I am a 3rd year here at Georgia Southern University studying Spanish and International Studies. I am from Norcross, Ga in Gwinnett County. I am hispanic, my mother is Mexican and my father is Guatemalan. I'm just your average normal college girl looking to make the grade and excell in life after college. I'm a very caring and understanding person who loves making people happy. If you see me around campus don't be shy and say HI :D 
Ayanna Gant

Georgia Southern

Hi! I am Ayanna and I am the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Georgia Southern. I am a junior Public Relations major with a minor in Marketing. I hope to one day pursue a career in the sports and entertainment field of public relations!