Georgia Southern’s 80s Skate Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

The University Programming Board held the first ever 80s Skate Party here at Georgia Southern! 

This past week, in the Williams Center’s Multi-Purpose Room on campus, The UPB threw the first ever 80s skate party. Students were able to come down, free of charge, and skate their hearts away. The school provided students rental skates and refreshments for such low prices. As soon as students heard about this, the line to get inside was wrapped around the corner!

They had a great selection of music, from modern music, such as Yo Gotti and Migos, to the favorite old classics, like Soulja Boys “Superman” and Cupid’s “Cupids Shuffle”. 

Between the amazing music, the mesmerizing light/fog show and the memories made with friends, Georgia Southern and the folks at the University Programming Board gets an A+ for creating a great event. Let’s just hope this is a start to a yearly tradition.

Marcell Dussard

Georgia Southern

Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.