Georgia Southern: Tailgating 101

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Here at Georgia Southern, tailgating is a tradition. Sometime during the week before the game you’ll be sure to find the suited up trucks moving in. The Georgia Southern flags and signs start popping up everywhere. The grills and jerseys start to appear more often and before you even know it . . . it’s game day in the ‘Boro.

Before kickoff even starts at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, Georgia Southern fans are already prepping for the tailgate in the wee hours of the morning. Grab your hearty breakfast, it’s going to be a long day. After eating, throw on your perfect gameday attire and head out to your tailgate spot. Well, you and the hundreds of other tailgaters. It’s almost time to fire up the grill, play some corn hole and go to the game. 

If tailgating wasn’t already an all-day experience, Georgia Southern certainly made it one.  We now have the-the “Ultimate Suite” for fans to tailgate in. It’s basically a house designed solely for tailgating! The suite can accommodate dozens of guests with almost 400 square feet of indoor entertaining space that includes four flat screen HD satellite TVs, wet bar, air conditioning, and a private bathroom. You also have the ability to move the party outside with satellite television, outdoor furniture, exterior beverage refrigerator, and a propane grill. Gameday Traditions provides a luxury tailgating experience that can’t be matched with private members-only access and security, suite concierge and on-site general manager. The suite is fully loaded and ready to go when you want it!

Now if that isn’t taking tailgating to another level, I don’t know what is. 

Kendra Cray

Georgia Southern

ΔΣΠ| hail southern | HC CA@hercampusgs| Style Guru Intern@cfashionista | You can have anything you want if you dress for it.♛| iBlog⇝CollegeGirlKendra.com  
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.