Fresh, Stylish, Lively: Meet Our WCW Amanda Johnson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

“Fashion is about dressing according to what’s fashionable. Style is more about being yourself.” – Oscar de la Renta

This week, we are introducing our first Woman Crush Wednesday of the school year, Amanda Johnson.

Johnson is originally from Delaware but attends school here at Georgia Southern as a senior Fashion Merchandising and Apparel Design student while also minoring in Marketing.

Johnson has not been able to be as involved on campus as she would like due to her being a full-time blogger, which is even cooler!

In need of a creative outlet, Johnson started her very own blog, Sequins and Sales, where she has been sharing her love for fashion and covering an arrange of topics since January of this year. At just 15 years old, Johnson discovered blogging, however she did not take it as serious as she does now. Fast forward and she now has her own domain, a pretty big accomplishment.

What piece of advice would you give to anyone looking to start a blog?

“My biggest advice is always just to start! So many people tell me they’ve considered but never taken the jump, so just do it! If you end up not liking it, at least you tried.”

For fun, Johnson enjoys making and sewing clothes, blogging (of course) and binge-watching Netflix. Jokingly, Johnson mentioned that applying for internships has become a hobby of hers and we as college students completely understand.

Being passionate about education and clothing Johnson gave us a favorite quote of hers:

“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” – Oscar Wilde

Fun Facts About Amanda:

• Dream Car: Anything that gets at least 35 mpg
  • Favorite Color: Pink
  • Favorite Song Right Now: God Is A Woman by Ariana Grande
  • Favorite TV Show: The Office
  • If She Could Live Anywhere Outside the United States, Where Would She Go?: Canada

Be sure to check out her blog and say hello if you happen to run across her on campus!

Blog: sequinsandsales.com

Instagram: sequinsandsales

I'm either at home writing or sitting at the nearest Starbucks. Writer. Poet. Womanist. PR Girl 
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.