This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

It’s not a new craze, but it’s probably one of the dumbest. The face tattoo. I really don’t care how cute it is, where you got it from or what it symbolizes. If you come to me with a face tattoo, expect me to look at you like you have lost your mind.

First of all, of all the places to get a tattoo, you decided that your face was the best place to do that. I mean you got your whole body that could have been tatted. Why the face, why the money maker.

Secondly, how are you supposed to pull a career out of that? Please do not say you are going to be a rapper. Lil Wayne, the Game and Birdman have face tattoo and it doesn’t matter how talented they are, they still look stupid. Some people say it symbolizes the rap game and all the hottest rappers have one. Well, Soulja Boy has a tattoo on his face and he hasn’t had a hit since 2007. So explain your mindset.

If you cannot rap, how do you expect to pull a normal job? I’m not going to want to hire anyone who doesn’t see the negative impact in this foolery. And if you can’t pull a job, I can almost guarantee you, no one is going to want you.

Third, how do you expect to pull anyone like that? Now don’t get wrong, some women are attracted to that (GOD HELP THEM). They find it sexy and think it suits that man. Now for the rest of the women and men of the world, who are normal, we find face tattoos disgusting, dirty, stupid, ridiculous and more. You can’t hang with me with a tattoo on your face. There is nothing attracted about that at all, no matter how fine you think you are. 

Fourth, it proves that you do not think before you act. You basically just limited yourself from every possible opportunity that could be presented to you. Not just from a job, but in life. No one will take you seriously. It will be a constant struggle in everyday life from being judged and harassed and that is something that shouldn’t happen but the way everyone is set up, it does happen.

Why place that trouble on top of the trouble that is already promised?

Taisha White

Georgia Southern

Taisha White 23 Georgia Southern University Senior Multimedia Journalism Major Just trying to make my dreams come true
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.