This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

During a time of social distancing, face masks, and COVID-19 it is so easy to fall into the monotonous routine of things, especially as a college student. All of my classes are online, and my friends and peers have the majority of their classes online as well. I personally love online classes because it lets me use my time how I want it and what works best for me. I’ve gotten into the good habit of keeping my room and study area clean, using a planner, and sitting down to study and do work for a few hours every day.  The amount of energy and focus you put into your work, you can make this year your best friend or your worst enemy.  Although it’s easier to google quiz answers, studying will benefit you more than hurt you in the end. If you’re still paying the school for an education, I recommend getting every cent worth with each class you take no matter the circumstances. If you don’t understand concepts in class, use the resources that you pay for that are available to students. While you stay on top of your work, you also have to find the balance of seriously taking care of yourself. You have to treat self-care like it’s the biggest priority you’ve got, and you’ll see your life-changing around for the better.  I’ve gotten into the habit of making my bed every morning followed by regular exercise, drinking 4 water bottles every day, and eating juicy fruits. It’s easy to manage your time when you truly treasure it, and after experiencing multiple quarantine periods enjoying life is in a new perspective. Although we are in a time that seems scary, it seems like we’re just waiting for the next worst thing don’t forget that you need to take care of yourself. When we spend so much time alone during Quarantine it can be easy to grow weary and feel lonely, but making peace with who you are, and wanting the best for yourself is what gives you peace. You really have to allow yourself to live life, but also remain focused on your work. It’s not easy to find that balance, but it’s definitely not impossible and anyone can do it! It’s odd to feel isolated yet surrounded at the same time, but that’s how we all are feeling right now. Since school started, I’ve stepped foot on campus two times and I was wearing two masks both times I went. It’s weird being back at school, but not being back at school at the same time. I feel like before I came back I had so much time on my hands to really think about what I want to do and to really focus on what my goals are. I hope if you haven’t done this, start thinking about your present in future-tense, plan and act accordingly. Do what you need to do now to be your better self, and that’s the new normal.

Arria McGinty

Georgia Southern '24

My name is Arria McGinty, I’m from Okinawa Japan and I'm a Taurus. I have such an appreciation for literature, and I love to write! I focus on wellness and self care, whether it’s education, physical fitness, or mental health. I love writing about things that people connect with and relate to, and if they can't relate to it at least they can learn from it.
Jorden Allen

Georgia Southern '21

Jorden is a sophomore journalism major at Georgia Southern University. She grew up in Atlanta, GA and enjoys sleeping, eating and watching football! #southernneverstate #hailsouthern #gata