Dear Sweetheart Circle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Dear Sweetheart Circle,

The day I am graced with the honour of walking around your lush circumference while holding the hand of a loved one thrice entices me. The ability to know that being a part of a ritual that is only unique to us at this school, governs my willingness to love again. The day when I am able to walk around your sweetheart and have it mirror the ring that will soon be worn with pride on my ring finger of my left hand gives me hope. The day I am able to feel complete solace with the man of my dreams while being enveloped by your charming breeze to welcome our union, flatters me. The day I am able to set foot onto your beauteous stomach and feel not only enamored by his love but by yours as well, is the day I have found true and complete love.

I remember when I was able to see you for the first time. You enwrapped me with your genuine beauty. You lured me to be one with you and lie down and view all of nature’s glory while I was able to caress your bodice. The perfume that emanated from your pores governed my smile that twinkled on my face. I was able find peace; a peace that whispered love sonnets to my ears; a peace that steadied my stress breath till they became second nature; a peace whereby I was one with you. Waking up meant that I will lose divinity forever however you told me that you will always be there for me and you meant it. You allowed me to stand on your shoulders and be tall and be me. You allowed me to engage in sincere knowledge that I can do whatever I want to do. You gave me hope and I never lost sight of it.

To others you provide them a province to roam. You give them the opportunity to experience tranquility with you. You allow others to live freely. You gave us all the ability to experience the only moment of true solace and so I thank you. Thank you for giving us a dream that we can believe in. Thank you for giving us the confidence that we can make it. Thank you for letting me know that love is something that everyone, even the least of us can experience. Thank you for being you.

Dear Sweetheart, don’t ever change. Don’t ever give in. Don’t ever lose the genuineness of you. I know that any time I feel alone, betrayed, hurt or merely tired, you are going to look upon me with care, concern and total elation and I know that you are there to comfort me. Please know that I will forever be in your service. Nothing I can do is ever in comparison to what you have given me.

Dear Sweetheart Circle, I will miss you when I am gone.

Love,

Chryssie

Chryssie Lewis

Georgia Southern

My name is Chryssie Lewis. I am a Theatre Arts major with a minor in Communication Studies. I have a passion for acting and being on stage. I also enjoy writing and reading. I enjoy writing for pleasure of others and I hope one day to be successful for both acting either on the screen or in theatre as well as writing.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.