Up Close and Personal with Dale Arnold aka Dale 4rm Riverdale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Every so often Her Campus Georgia Southern gets to interview someone influential.  But if you haven’t been acquainted with this someone we strongly suggest that you do.  Dale Arnold is perhaps one of the greatest people to walk our campus.  Funny, intelligent, kind, and not to mention a great hugger he is truly a campus celebrity.

Her Campus Georgia Southern presents… Up Close and Personal with Dale 4rm Riverdale.

Major: Multimedia film and production

Age: 22

From: Riverdale, Ga

Classification: Graduating Senior

Her Campus (HC): What are all of the organizations you are involved in?

Dale Arnold (DA): SAAB,  Comedy Club (Vice President), Lion’s Club, Society of Comm Scholars, Host, Work for the Union, Station and The Big and Tall Session and the Variety Pack.  Music director for 98.9 The Buzz. 16 Hours.

HC: Why did you choose Southern?

DA: It was the farthest away from home. It was that whole large university small scale.  And I need smaller classes.   

HC: Did you change your major when you started school?

DA: Came in as a Biology Major and changed because I loved Radio so much.

HC: What do you want to do when you leave Southern?

DA: I want to build my way into being one of the top 5 Radio Host in ATL, and I wanna become a voice actor for when I have kids they can say “that’s daddy!’ I look forward to being a dad. I want 2 girls.

HC: What advice do you have for freshmen and seniors?

DA: Freshmen take every opportunity to get radio experience. Get in good with 91.9 the buzz, volunteer, apply for a show, help with events and promotions if you are more into that side. Come by and get to know us and all of the staff will have a way to connect you with what you like or just have advice in general.

Seniors make sure you have an experience to the best of your ability. Make sure you have a great sound check reel that shows stations your personality and that you have a message for the people of substance. Definitely try and have people to vouch for your work ethic. For both freshmen and seniors, try and host events get comfortable in the community and around a lot of people so you can add to your resume and your employer can be confident with your experience. 

HC: Now let’s get back to music.  What does the music director do?

DA: A plethora of things: listen to and analyze the music to make sure that we respond and please our demographic of listeners. 

HC: What’s your radio name?

DA: Dale 4rm Riverdale also know as Dj Big Panda. But I’ve branded myself as dale from Riverdale but some people who listened to my show know me as big panda, but I want to make sure people know it’s Dale from Riverdale that is my focus

HC: The Dale 4rm Riverdale name is obvious but why Dj Big Panda?

DA: Well I’m big so people always called me a bear or a teddy bear and I was like cool if I’m going to be a bear I’m going to be unique and I like pandas because they are a living symbol of Ying and Yang to Asian culture. I feel like everyone needs balance and I like to think that I am a balance within my good that I do for others and in general along with my flaws so there you go. I am uniquely the best of everything that makes me, me.

HC: What is the name of your show and when can it be heard?

DA:  Big and Tall Session Tuesdays from 8-9pm.

HC: What advice do you have for anyone that wants to do radio?

DA: Definitely work on  pronunciation and practice General American speech but maintain your own unique personality on air. Do not copy another radio personalities style. The people who hire us look for originality. Definitely try and get a show or some experience with 91.9 the buzz for those who want to go into the radio but don’t want to be talent.

Bianca Yarde

Georgia Southern

Bianca is a student at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, GA, studying Spanish and Psychology. A Native New Yorker, she prides herself on her “tell it like it is,” personality. In her free time she enjoys writing, reading, watching gangster and classic movies, and volunteering. Her mission in life is to help others. After graduation, she plans to become a teacher and open a bakery.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.