This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Introducing Ibi. She’s smart, funny, and extremely talented. She’s a great friend to have and good with advice when you need it, especially when it refers to fashion. Every one of her friends loves her for her dependable she is. Oh and let’s not forget how totally awesome her hair is!

What is your full name?

Ibi Owolobi

What does your name mean?

This child is loved.

When were you born?

September 28, 1993

Where are you from?

Originally from Pennsylvania and my parents just kind of moved down until we got to Georgia.

What year are you?

Fourth-year senior graduation in December 2015

What are you majoring in?

I’m a theatre major and a fashion merchandising minor

What would you like to do with this major?

I plan to go into directing and I’m hoping that my minor will give me some insight into costuming also.

What is your dream job?

My dream job is to be a director on Broadway doing what I want to do every season. I also want to direct for the Theatre of August Wilson.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

It would be split between Dubai, California, or New York for very different reasons. Dubai because all the different cultures come together and fashion is a big thing and a lot of people come together. California because it’s like a more laid back atmosphere and I feel like I could explore more into film. And one of my best friend live in Cali – shout out to Kiara Franklin. And New York because it’s the theatre capital or one of the big ones. I always loved it and half my family live there. And the fashion is really nice.

What is your favorite food?

In general I would say – because growing up, my Mom would make African and Caribbean food – so like curry goat is my favorite. And egusi and white rice – it’s an African soup made with spinach and it has pumpkin seeds and chicken. Other than that I pretty much like everything, except liver.

What’s your favorite color?

Purple and mint

What do you look for in a guy?

A sense of humor. Confidence. Um. . . I’m pretty tall so I look for tall guys. It’s a plus if he knows how to dress but if he doesn’t I can help with that. It’s also a plus if he can cook so we can cook together. And a passion for what he’s doing.

What is your ideal date?

I don’t think it really matters where we are as long as some thought was put into it. I think a conversation is a really good thing though. But if I had to choose then I would like to go to a play and then we can talk about it afterwards.

What are some of your favorite hobbies?

I like to watch Netflix. I like to hang out with friends. I really love to do improv with Southern Improv – shout out to Southern Improv. I also like to write sometimes. And I like to make clothes. And art projects in general.

What is your fondest memory?

I was come out of the theatre in Sanford after Almost Maine premiered and all my friends were there and they brought me candy and flowers and stuff. And it was really nice to have friends that supported what I did. That’s my most recent fondest memory. 

Samantha Harvey

Georgia Southern

I was born in New York. I go to Georgia Southern University. I love to write and read.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.