Campus Cutie: Henriette Ebbesen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.
Henriette Ebbesen changed med studies for art for a year. This GRSP student is making our campus cuter by painting, photographing, and drawing. She wants to make the world a more beautiful place.

Name: Henriette Ebbesen

Hometown: Copenhagen, Denmark

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Medical student in Denmark, but she is studying art at GSU

Graduation: 2021

Why did you want to become a doctor?
When I was in high school, I went with my mom to her work and followed her around. She is a doctor and while following her around I realized that medicine is actually super interesting.

What is your dream job?
I want to be a plastic surgeon. I know many people think that plastic surgery is just for cosmetics, but it’s so much more. A plastic surgeon can, for example, fix a cancer patient’s face and make his or hers quality of life better. To me, plastic surgery is a chance to be creative in the medical field. And the way someone’s face looks can really make a difference when we think about for example function or psychological effects.

What would you do if you weren’t studying to become a doctor?
I would probably want to be an architect. I love art and one of the reasons I came here to the U.S. is that it gave me time to concentrate on something I hadn’t had time to concentrate on before. I am taking classes in painting and photography this semester and in the spring I am trying out jewelry for example.

Who is your favorite artist?
Salvador Dali. I admire him because he did so much during his lifetime. His paintings are incredibly good when it comes to technique.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I would want to be good at everything and then actually have time to use all those skills to help people. 

If you were to give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would you say?
Go somewhere totally different, become a part of the local culture and learn. You will grow as a person for sure. There is a huge world to see outside Statesboro.

I am Minna, I'm 21 years old and I come from Finland. I will be spending the fall semester of 2015 here in Statesboro and exploring America. I love books, writing, tea, early morning workouts and being creative. In the future I hope to be a journalist in a magazine!
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.