Campus Celebrity: Sadia Yansaneh ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Her Campus: What made you choose Georgia Southern University?

Sadia Yansaneh: After my visit I felt like it was a friendly and clean environment it was warming, here they are very open to meeting new people and truly have southern hospitality.

HC: With being a student-athlete what do you think is that most challenging part of being in school?

SY: The school part, being so tired after practice, but we are still expected to do homework and succeed like everyone else on campus. 

HC: What is your personal record in track?

SY: AAU season it was 55.8 seconds in the 400 

HC: What is your major and how did you come to the decision?

SY: Coming to college I was kind of confused, but after being here I realized I like to talk and entertain people. I realized that for most of my life I have always been in front of a camera so it’s what I thought comes natural for my personality.

HC: Can you tell us a little about the radio show that you host?

SY:  my station is different than most because of our chemistry. The startup of the show was very smooth even though we did not know each other well prior to the show.

HC: What are your goals for the next ten years?

SY: I see myself in a big city; definitely on the road towards being a TV personality or somewhere in the communications field.

HC: What is one thing you’ve always wanted to know in life?

SY: The motivation behind people’s actions and the way they’ve turned out in life.

HC: Who is your biggest role model and why?

SY: Carry Champion for her career achievements and focus in communication and Sonya Richards-Ross for her work ethics on the track.

HC: What is the best advice that you would give to the upcoming freshman student-athlete women on campus?

SY: Ultimately to stay on top of your class and work to have a well-balanced schedule between social life and athletics.

Ayanna Gant

Georgia Southern

Hi! I am Ayanna and I am the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Georgia Southern. I am a junior Public Relations major with a minor in Marketing. I hope to one day pursue a career in the sports and entertainment field of public relations!