Campus Celebrity: Jonathan Chiza ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Her Campus: What organizations are you involved in on campus?

Jonathan Chiza: This is my second year being in SGA and I am a proud member of the Xi Tau chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity.

HC: What do you like about being in SGA?

JC: I really like being informed. A lot of the on campus decisions are made through SGA and there’s nothing like having input on what goes on.  It’s also great to be surrounded by, in my opinion, some of the best leaders on campus.

HC: What positions have you held throughout your terms in SGA?

JC: I started out as a freshman senator, then College of Engineering Information Technology Senator as well as the CEIT College Chair. Now, I am part of the at large senators.

HC: What is it like being an Alpha?

JC: Being an Alpha is great. It gives me a platform to give me more leadership skills and surrounds me brothers.

HC: It seems like you’re a very sharp dresser. Does this come long with being an Alpha or have you always dressed up.

JC: My Father and brothers have always installed dressing nicely. I’ve dressed this way since high school.

HC:: It seems like you’re very involved on campus. What advice would you give other to become like you?

JC: Be yourself. Join organizations that fit your personality and what you’re about. There are other 200 organizations on campus and there has to be one just for you.

HC: What has been your favorite moment at Georgia Southern?

JC: My favorite moment at Georgia Southern would have to have been my probate night.

HC: What was so special about your probate night?

JC I have been wanting to become an Alpha since early high school. The night I was able to come out to the campus was a dream come true.

HC: What are your career goals?

JC: I aspire to be a late night TV show host.

Kendra Cray

Georgia Southern

ΔΣΠ| hail southern | HC CA@hercampusgs| Style Guru Intern@cfashionista | You can have anything you want if you dress for it.♛| iBlog⇝CollegeGirlKendra.com  
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.