This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Name: Jessica Rasdall

Age: 21

Classification: Senior

Major: Chemistry/Pre-Med

Her Campus: What organizations are you involved in on campus?

Jessica Rasdall: I’m in involved in Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity, IMPACT Campus Ministry, and Magnolia Coastlands Area Health Education Center Job Shadowing Program.

HC: Can you tell us a little about each organization you’re involved in?

JR: Phi Delta Epsilon is a medical fraternity for undergraduates pursuing a medical occupation. We do a lot of community service, fundraising for children’s miracle network!

JR: Impact Campus Ministry is a group of radical. bold, and devout believers who loves Jesus. We have bible studies every week, we hold each other accountable, and love on each other. They’re my family away from home!

JR: The Job Shadowing Program connects me with about five doctors, whom I shadow. I’ve seen a neurologist, OB/GYN, and an Orthopedic surgeon. I’ve even stood in an operating room during surgery!

HC: What are your career plans for the future?

JR: My future consists of going to medical school and becoming a pediatrician. I then want to go back to school and specialize in the pulmonary system to become a pediatric pulmonologist.

HC: Do you feel your involvement on campus will help you in the future? If so, why? Why not?

JR: I do believe being involved in these organizations will help me in the future! I’m honored to even be given the opportunity to shadow the amazing doctors I’ve had a chance to meet.  Also, IMPACT campus ministry is like my support system!  They help keep my walk with God strong! My Faith is strengthened constantly through the beautiful souls in that organization!  Phi Delta Epsilon keeps me on top of my game as well when it comes to the road to getting into medical school.

HC: Being Heavily involved on campus can be very tiresome, do you ever find any free time for yourself?

JR: Honestly, I barely have free time! I also work at Cambridge at Southern in between and after classes. As well as being very active in church, Spirit & Truth Worship Center, where I am a part of the Praise & Worship Ministry. Although I don’t have lots of free time, I actually enjoy having a busy life. I should get used to it being that I’m going to be a doctor with a family one day.

HC: Has Georgia Southern helped you prepare for the future?

JR: GA Southern has definitely helped me in my path towards my future! I’ve been given loads of opportunities and meet many amazing people who will be in my life forever!

HC: Lastly, what advice can you give to students about the importance of getting involved on campus?

JR: Yes, there’s going to be obstacles. Yes, there’s going to be rough times. But how you react to them is what truly defines you! Don’t ever doubt yourselves and keep pushing till you make it! And when you make it push some more!

Francesca Wright

Georgia Southern

Hello my name is Francesca:) 25 years young, Senior, Macon, GA is home for me, Co-host at 9.19 The Buzz My hobbies are reading, writing, singing, MMA(Mixed Martial Arts), music, talking and sleeping(my favorite!) Oan I'm in love with Jesus and Wine! (don't Judge me haha)
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.