Campus Celebrity: Camie Falcov ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

As a quirky and unique individual who prefers to keep to herself, it’s not every day this talented young lady’s art gets noticed. From realism to abstract, from oil painting to watercolor, this gentle Bob Ross-like reincarnate does it all. Her Campus Georgia Southern is proud to present Camie Falkov and her magnificent masterpieces.

Name: Camie Falkov  

Age/Year: 19/Sophomore

Hometown: Little Rock, Arkansas

Major: Philosophy

Minor: Art

HC: Hello Camie.

CF: Oh, hi.

HC: Who is your favorite artist? Who are some of your influences?

CF: I can never give a definitive answer, but it’s gotta be between Edvard Munch and Van Gogh. I’m also a big fan of other artists on deviantART. I was never influenced by an artist or anything but by the actual existence of color itself. The infinite possibilities of creativity were my motivation for getting into art. 

HC: What is your favorite painting or sculpture?

CF: My favorite painting is always changing. I’m picky about sticking to one all-time favorite. My current favorite painting, however is The Death of Marat by Edvard Munch.   

HC: What is your favorite piece of art that you’ve created? What is your favorite thing to draw/paint?

CF: I have a dark, Roman style of art so I love to create gothic-themed pieces. My favorite creation is a drawing of a statue in the cemetery my mother was buried in. I saw the angel statue as a loving guardian for my mother. People often mistake it for a photo rather than a painting since, well, I’m just that good.

HC: May we have a look?

CF: 

HC: Some of your work looks so lifelike and realistic that it’s commonly mistaken for actual photography. Could you tell us a little about how you’ve achieved such a level of talent?

CF: Time. Since I was a child, I have always had a lot of time on my hands. I didn’t have a lot of friends or people around me growing up, and I still don’t, so I spend most of my time drawing. You tend to find a LOT of things to do over and over again when you’re always home alone, and practice makes perfect. I gained most of my skills and experience from being a loner. Hah.   

HC: What do you plan to do with your artistic skills in the future?

CF: While I plan to work in the philosophy field with research, I will continue working on art as both a hobby and passion. I have absolutely no intentions of using any art to profit. Never have, never will. If somebody comes along and offers to buy one of my creations one day, then why not, but art has always been nothing more than a love for me. And I want to make that love for free and forever. 

Journalism major. 22. Georgia Southern. 
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.