“Black Girls Are Easy” Comes to Georgia Southern

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

There have been many reasons that form stereotypes, and as much as everyone hates stereotypes, they encompass a great deal of our world even today. Stereotypes are not always bad they are a way to understand the world; it only gets harmful when people begin to act on negative stereotypes and discriminate. Recently there has been a lot of discussion about black girls being easy. In the African American community, we have seen stereotypes come and go. Collegiate 100 are bringing G. L. Lambert, author of Black Girls Are Easy. During the event, he will talk about a range of topics from relations, dating, women empowerment and other stereotypes facing women in this generation.

He luckily is here to give women a male’s perspective on a lot of dating topics, not to hurt anyone’s feelings but mainly he is coming to help women understand what is really going through the mind of a man when he says typical lines like, “I am not ready for a relationship,” and other phrases.

The event will be held on February 19, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. in the Russell Union theater. Tickets are $10 at the door.

Be sure to come and support and learn new information about not only yourself, but others in the dating pool with you. 

Ayanna Gant

Georgia Southern

Hi! I am Ayanna and I am the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Georgia Southern. I am a junior Public Relations major with a minor in Marketing. I hope to one day pursue a career in the sports and entertainment field of public relations!