This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Every woman wants to feel fabulous whenever she leaves the house, but while being in college it is known that funds are short and expectations are high. When we do spend our money on a product we want to make sure that the product gives us everything we want… and more. We here at Her Campus Georgia Southern have compiled a list of our top 10 must have beauty products on a college budget. 

1. NYX Matte Lipstick $6

Who doesn’t love a splash of color to spice up any look? Lipstick choices can make or break your entire ideal look. The super-pigmented shades range from everyday neutrals to not-subtle-at-all brights. They have a creamy application and won’t dry out your lips like other matte lipsticks. 

2. Maybelline Mascara $7.77

Even if you don’t typically wear a full face on campus and prefer a more natural look. Mascara can take your two and make it a TEN! Maybelline’s Colossal Volume Express is one of my top must haves as well as Lash Sensational

The creativity one can have with eyeliner is truly endless. You can choose to use the liner on your upper eyelid, under the eyelid or even your waterline. With this particular product, the eyeliner glides on velvety and is bold.

Ever wanted to just fill your eyebrows in slightly? Maybelline is your go-to tool! The dual-sided applicator has a pencil on one end and a brush on the other. Making it ideal for you to be able to apply the pencil and brush and blend all with one tool. With a variety of shades, there is surely a color to fit almost all eyebrow shades. 

We are so past the days of sponges and lipgloss like tubes. The stick form of the concealer allows for more of a precise free range glide on wherever need be. The great part about the stick is that for those tight corners that only need a dab, you can reach and not worry about going too far over and having to start completely over. 

Nail polishes are the one aspect of your outfit that can change as easily as the weather does. Why be stuck with one boring expensive color when you can have a range of colors to fit your mood each day? With Sinful Nails, the products are inexpensive and they have tons of colors to choose from. 

For the days where you just want a balm instead of a lipstick or gloss, Burt’s Bee Lip Balm is the ultimate product. They come in a variety of scents and couple that with moisturizing Shea Butter and soothing Vitamin E, and you have truly found a great lip balm. 

A good moisturizer can make the difference between a nice polished look and healthy skin vs a cakey look with bad skin. With this moisturizer being under $10 it is a great way to both treat you skin and help your makeup. Not to mention it’s oil free and hypoallergenic.

Tired of your eye shadow wearing off during the day and not being able to reapply as quickly as you want? The Infallible shadows aren’t playing any games when it comes to ultra-pigmented color though you’ll want to prime your lids first with a good base.

And to bring the article and day to a close a good facial wash. You want to make sure you have a product that can get all the grit that makeup leaves behind off while not clogging your pores and later drying out your skin. Three cheers to this product that kicks butt in all areas. 

Ayanna Gant

Georgia Southern

Hi! I am Ayanna and I am the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Georgia Southern. I am a junior Public Relations major with a minor in Marketing. I hope to one day pursue a career in the sports and entertainment field of public relations!