This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Avengers: Endgame is only 12 days away and among their millions of dedicated fans, there’s me. I’ve been an avid follower of Marvel and their films since the first Avengers film and last year before Infinity War, I took the five days leading up to it and spent it rewatching the 19 films preceding it.

Now there’s 12 and I will be watching 22 movies to prepare myself for the end of an era. I’m gonna watch each movie and give you my review of each film as I rewatch and find new easter eggs and fall in love all over again before the Endgame premiere.

We all know the Avengers journey in film began with Tony Stark in the 2008 movie Iron Man. It’s a classic tale, complete with a rich billionaire with no parents and unlimited finances, who goes from douchebag to hero in a two-hour tale. But we know with Tony Stark, there’s always more to it.

From the beginning of the movie, we get Tony Stark in all his glory; fast cars, expensive taste, and money. That doesn’t last for very long.

The film all-together is slow-paced, with its mountains and valleys and ever equipped one-liners, but it’s still a good film, especially for the first one, the grandpa of all films to set up this multi-universe universe. Tony Stark goes through a transformation of self and his physical body while losing old friends (and actors) and turning assistants into girlfriends. His boss battle against his best friend Obadiah sets out to prove that Tony Stark is a one-of-a-kind man, with a brain and sets of knowledge unique to him only. It also sets out to prove that the greatest heroes don’t have to rely on primarily on brawn, but brains and technique. 

And let’s not forget a perfect cameo of the late Stan Lee as Hugh Hefner and a beautiful post-credit scene of Nick Fury bringing up the Avengers Initiative years before we had even met the rest of the team.

All together, Iron Man is a decent beginning story, definitely the best way to introduce Robert Downey Jr. as the beloved character, especially since it’s been said the two are one and the same.

Stay tuned as I continue my crazy descent into Marvel before Endgame hits theaters on April 26th.

Taylor Dunn

Georgia Southern '21

My name is Taylor Dunn, and I'm a sophomore at Georgia Southern University. I'm a multimedia journalism major and passionate about TV and movies, including Marvel, Disney, and Game of Thrones. I have two furry best friends named Duke and Koda and I love peanut butter and jelly.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.