The “Art” To Cuddling!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

If you have a Significant other than cuddling has happened numerous times before. But have you ever stopped to think about the “art” of cuddling. Yeah cuddling is a time to get closer to your boo but at the same time although you may love it, it may be difficult for the other person. 

Rule 1: Hair in the face is a big NO-NO!

Think about it, when the wind blows your long tresses into your face you naturally have the instinct to brush it out of the way. Think of the same way when you are cuddling. As much as it annoys you, it annoys your boo ten times more. They are already not accustomed to having hair in their face so this is both new and extremely awkward for them to handle.

No worries though just pull your hair all to one and your problem is fixed.

Rule 2: Get the air circulating in the room!

Nothing is more annoying than lying in bed with your boo and feeling clammy and sweaty. Not only may you feel nasty but you might get anxious in feeling that he notices which will only drive your sweat glands to level 10.

Need a quick fix? Turn on the ceiling fan. It will allow you to gauge exactly how much ventilation your room needs, and if you find the perfect cool temperature everyone will be happier.

Rule 3: Timing is everything

Although this may be the perfect time to have the conversation that has been on your mind forever, it may honestly not be the time. Cuddling is a time for you to enjoy being in the presence of your significant other without the distractions of the outside world. Do not, I repeat… DO NOT, ruin the moment by using this time to trap your significant other into an awkward conversation.

Wondering when to have a real conversation? Do it earlier during the day. Give your significant other time to potentially cool off from a heated topic before trying to be under them for the rest of the night.

Rule 4: Positioning is a tool of the trade

Positions can make or break a cuddle session. “Stiff arm” is a well-known fault in cuddling. After having weight on one spot of your arm for an extended period of time, it begins to feel as if you’ve lost complete feeling in that arm. 

A simple way, to relieve this tension, is to every so often change your position. Not too often, but often enough that neither you nor your boo feels uncomfortable. Also, make it known that you are switching positions. You would never want both of you to randomly switch and wind up colliding into each other. 

All in all, find what works for you and your significant other. It should be fun to see what each other likes and dislikes and it also gives you a chance to see what they are willing to try and experiment with!! Goodluck!

Ayanna Gant

Georgia Southern

Hi! I am Ayanna and I am the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Georgia Southern. I am a junior Public Relations major with a minor in Marketing. I hope to one day pursue a career in the sports and entertainment field of public relations!