This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

In tis day and age, we tend to use the word “friend” more often than we should. Dealing with pressures of wanting to fit in and wanting to feel important, it seems easier with a group of people who seem as though they care about us will ease the pain. If we’re lucky in life we will come by that one friend who will become attached to us for life. What types of friends are you associated with? What kind of friend are you? If you’re not sure, you might want to think about it.

The “Turn up” friend

Partying is fine every now and then; but also learning how to separate your friends into categories is fine as well. This friend is always the life of the party; socially, that’s always a good thing, Friends like this can always bring the life out in you. If you’re not as social and you want to look cool, this is the friend for you. Just be careful; those type of friends can also be a little influential at times. 

The “Hater”

We all have those types of friends around us. The ones who feel uneasy when you’re in the spotlight; the ones who never like any of your Instagram posts. Yes, Instagram posts! Oh and additionally, they secretly put you down or throw “shade.” This friend can be a little confusing. They’ll hang out with you, laugh, joke, the usual, and may even support your harships. But sometimes, you can’t tell whether they’re are for you or against you in certain situations. If you have a friend like this, you might want to check and see whether you’re really “friends.”

The “Immature” friend

Life is short and there is always room for jokes. Some people say that, “Laughter is good for the soul.”  However, everything is not a laughing matter. Having a friend that is always playing around can be a bit embarrassing at times. Instead of you guys hanging out, it turns into a babysitting type of situation. This friend will say things like,  “You’ve changed,” or “You’re boring,” but in reality you’ve grown up. Don’t give up on this friend just yet because there is always a time for laughter and a time for seriousness. 

The “Ratchet” friend

Believe that this friend will always have your back and will fight for you no matter what. You will always have fun with his friend. But like everything else in life, there is a time and a place for everything. Yes, there is even a time and a place to be ratchet. For example, a five-star restaurant, a place of business, or those parents of the boyfriend you’re trying to impress isn’t a place to show your ratchetness. If you have a friend that has a double dose of ratchetness and a smaller dose of manners, you might want to sign them up for a couple of ettiquette classes before you bring them out in public. 

Francesca Wright

Georgia Southern

Hello my name is Francesca:) 25 years young, Senior, Macon, GA is home for me, Co-host at 9.19 The Buzz My hobbies are reading, writing, singing, MMA(Mixed Martial Arts), music, talking and sleeping(my favorite!) Oan I'm in love with Jesus and Wine! (don't Judge me haha)
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.