This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Almost Maine.

It’s love. But not quite.

Written by John Cariani and directed by Theatre Major Ibiwumi Owolabi. The theatre department at Georgia Southern put on a student produced production every year and this year they chose a romantic comedy. It’s taken a lot of hard work, some misshapes, and at one point a recasting, but as of October 16 this production goes to stage.

It’s a corky romantic comedy about several couples on a single winter night. Taken place in a mythical town that doesn’t quite exist, because its towns people never actually got around to getting it established. Almost Maine is a far north that it seemed to be on the edge of the world and not a part of the United States at all. It’s a town so far removed, the sky seems to stretch for a million miles and the north lights visit almost daily.

The play centers on the romantic lives of the towns folk, telling not one but nine different love stories. We see these couples fall in and out love. The characters are awkward and funny and so loveable, you find yourself sympathizing with them. We go from trespassing to awkward run in with ex’s and even a case of sexual inexperience.

From bruised elbows to accidently run in, this cast is ready to hit the stage and wow the audience. Rehearsals have been a rollercoaster ride from start to finish. The cast features six people: Micheal Conner, Justin Toyer, Diamond Patton, Claire Torrell, Will Leech, and Rebecca Frost. We have both seasoned actors and newbies, all ready to make their big break.

The show starts at 7:30 in the new Sanford Hall off of Sweetheart Circle from October 16 – 18. Some come on out to watch a show that will have you laughing, crying, and leave you with something to tell your friends about. You sure won’t miss out.

Samantha Harvey

Georgia Southern

I was born in New York. I go to Georgia Southern University. I love to write and read.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.