8 of the Best Spooky Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Here are 8 of the best Spooky Movies for the month of October:

1. Hocus Pocus – a classic Halloween movie for any kid born before the year 2000. The classic Hocus Pocus follows a young kid who moves into a new town where he has a hard time fitting in. His curiosity leads to the overdue awakening of three diabolical witches that were killed centuries before.
  2. Haunted Mansion – one of the best Halloween movies in Disney’s line up. Starring Eddie Murphy as Jim, a realtor. Jim in his family stop at a mansion he plans to sell, however; it turns out to be haunted by a death that happened in the home years ago. Their attempt to escape become what seems like an impossible series of challenges. 
  3. Beetlejuice – This movie’s plot centers around a recently deceased husband and wife who convince a demon to drive a terribly obnoxious family out of their home.  
  4. Halloween –this plot centers around a boy who murdered his own sister on Halloween night in 1963.He somehow finds a way to escape the insane asylum and return to the small town of Haddonfield to pick up where he left off. 
  5. The Nightmare Before Christmas – Jack Skellington, better known as the king of Halloween Town, discovers a Christmas town. He attempts to bring Christmas home which causes major confusion. 
  6. Halloweentown – another classic movie for any kid born before the year 2000. A girl discovers she is a witch and does everything in her power to help save a town full of supernatural creatures. 
  7. It –  Even though this movie was only released last year, it is a great thriller about a group of kids that band together due to common enemies. They try their best to kill and destroy a supernatural clown that preys on children in their small hometown of Derry, Maine.
  8. Trick ‘r Treat – this movie follows the life of a high school principal with a dark secret, a college girl, a group of teenagers, and a woman with a Halloween obsessed husband. This movie shows all the characters meeting their match with a demonic, supernatural kid trick-or-treater.
Nia Jean-Pierre

Georgia Southern

I am an Atlanta native and I am very social once you get to know me. I am an Early-Childhood Education major at Georgia Southern University with a concentration in teaching grades 3-5 with intent of impacting their lives in the most positive way possible. I am often referred to as "not your average girl", I love to shop, hang out with my friends, and get my nails done, however I can play NBA2k on PlayStation all day as well. I thoroughly enjoy weekends at home watching Netflix and relaxing. I am a formal personal blogger with hopes of sharing my personal thoughts with the entire HerCampus community. "A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you're in and take advantage of it." - Nikki Giovanni
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.