5 Shows To Binge Watch This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

The semester is full of potential shows to binge. Every weekend will not be full of parties and every night will not be full of homework. The week has been stressful and you are ready to neglect all responsibilities that haunt you throughout the week. Between Netflix and Hulu there is always something great to watch. Here a list of the best shows to binge watch.

1. Riverdale (Netflix) – of course, this is another high school drama with teacher-student affairs, football, and cheerleader drama. However not every high school drama has an unsolved murder with the biggest plot twist ever! It is a must watch show! Archie Andrews has decided he wants to pursue a future in the music business, but he recently ended the secret relationship with the music teacher. Things look like they might be turning around when Veronica Lodge, a new girl, arrives. Despite the instant chemistry, Veronica is hesitant to risk a friendship with Betty, who has a crush on Archie, to pursue anything. In the small-town lurks a mystery: the recent tragic death of Jason Blossom, the twin brother of a beautiful and popular troublemaker, Cheryl.
  2. Living Single (Hulu) – a classic sitcom from the 90s with a focus on a group of six black 20-somethings, four women and two men, share their lives and loves in a Brooklyn brownstone. 
  3. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix & Hulu) – the best medical show on television, if you haven’t start watching it you need to start. This show focuses on doctors in a hospital in Seattle, and their journey from medical internship to famous surgeons. 
  4. Orange Is the New Black (Netflix) – A prison show about Piper Chapman is a public relations executive with a career and a fiance when her past suddenly catches up with her. In her mid-30s she is sentenced to spend time in a minimum-security women’s prison in Connecticut for her association with a drug runner 10 years earlier. 
  5. The Office (Netflix) – if you are one for dry humor this show will definitely have you on the floor laughing. 
Nia Jean-Pierre

Georgia Southern

I am an Atlanta native and I am very social once you get to know me. I am an Early-Childhood Education major at Georgia Southern University with a concentration in teaching grades 3-5 with intent of impacting their lives in the most positive way possible. I am often referred to as "not your average girl", I love to shop, hang out with my friends, and get my nails done, however I can play NBA2k on PlayStation all day as well. I thoroughly enjoy weekends at home watching Netflix and relaxing. I am a formal personal blogger with hopes of sharing my personal thoughts with the entire HerCampus community. "A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you're in and take advantage of it." - Nikki Giovanni
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.