You Know You’re A Georgetown Girl When…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Georgetown girls are known for being classy, smart, and fabulous. But what are some specifics that differentiate us from other college girls? Although we could easily list 100 ways to spot the difference, here are our top 40:

1.) You consistently lose your GoCard and/or key.

2.) You complain about how you don’t have a boyfriend, but still enjoy a DFMO at Rhino/Bando/Modern.

3.)  You have Instagrammed at least one picture of Jack the Bulldog and Healy.

4.)  You’ve never actually watched a Georgetown football game.

5.)  You can never have enough wine or Hot Chicks from Wisey’s.

6.)  The biggest debate at the end of the night is whether to eat at Quick Pita or Eat & Joy.

7.)  You get mad when people think a Hoya is a bulldog.

8.)  When people ask, “What’s a Hoya?” you know the answer.

9.)  Your heels have gotten stuck on the stairs to the Village A rooftops.

10.)  You live off of coffee (Saxby’s, preferred).

11.)  You don’t understand the concept of “midterm week” because every week is midterm week.

12.)  You’ve been to Brown House at least once…and will never go back.

13.)  If you don’t already own it, you have at least heard of Vineyard Vines, Lululemon, and J. Crew.

14.)  You’ve fallen on the cobblestone sidewalks.

15.) Waking up 7 a.m. for Homecoming and Georgetown Day is extremely easy, but waking up for your 9 a.m. class on Friday is near impossible.

16.) You buy accessories that compliment blue and gray.

17.) You own approximately 15 Georgetown shirts, but really only wear one or two of them consistently.

18.) Your typical “going to class” outfit in the fall is an oversized sweater, a scarf, and boots.

19.) You know the best place to tan is the Leavey Esplanade or LXR rooftop (yes, it exists).

20.) You know Georgetown Cupcakes are overrated, but will still eat them.

21.) Sweetgreen is really, really healthy…right?

22.) You question everyday where all of the hot guys are.

23.) …but then you see a really cute guy at Yates…

24.) …who turns out to be a grad student :(

25.) You rush to Vittles before 1 AM for study snacks.

26.) You go to the gym more often than you go to class.

27.) Solo Leo’s was social suicide freshman year but now it’s totally acceptable.

28.) You miss Tuscany. A lot.

29.) You will always lose your breath going up the Yates’ stairs no matter how often you go to Yates.

30.) You had ten costumes planned out for Halloweekend but still complained that you had no idea what/who to be.

31.) You freaking love Homecoming.

32.) You freaking love Halloween.

33.) You freaking love St. Patrick’s Day.

34.) You freaking love Georgetown Day.

35.) You are very conscious of who you Facebook stalk during class.

36.) You’ve made friends with the D.C. Slices food truck guy (same goes for Sammy at Quick Pita).

37.) You’ve made friends with the security guards and have a favorite.

38.) Monument runs define your fall and spring.

39.) There’s a very high chance that you will run into that guy you hooked up with last weekend on your way to class (and neither of you will say anything).

40.) You secretly wish you were an athlete, solely for the backpacks and parkas.

41.) If you are an athlete, you secretly wish you could sleep in more than one day a week.

42.) If you haven’t already, you will attend a champagne brunch.

43.) Most of all, you are awesome and rock at life. HOYA SAXA!!!