What to Do in April

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Get your tickets for $20 from the Georgetown Program Board! This concert will be a great way to kickoff spring and listen to some good music with your friends. There are even a few non-Georgetown student tickets, but get them quickly because they are going fast! 

This festival begins on the first day of spring, Friday, March 20th and continues until Sunday, April 12th . The Opening Ceremony is followed by the Blossom Kite Festival on March 28th, the Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival on April 4th, and finally the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade and the Sakura Matsuri (Japanese Street Festival), which are both on April 11th. Washington is famous for the cherry blossoms and this festival, so make sure to attend some of these events! 

3. Free Cone Day 2015 on April 14 at Ben & Jerry’s 

This event is a Ben & Jerry’s Tradition, dating back to 1979. The event began as a way to thank customers for their loyalty and this tradition has continued for decades. Visit a local Ben & Jerry’s on Tuesday, such as the one on M Street, from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. to get a free ice cream cone. For more information, visit http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-shops/free-cone-day. 

4. Washington D.C.’s Taste of the Nation on April 13th at 6:00 p.m. 

Hosted at the National Building Museum, you can buy a ticket and take advantage of the delicacies offered by over 100 chefs and mixologists.  

5. Global Citizen 2015 Earth Day on Saturday April 18th at 2:00 p.m. 

This free concert is held at the National Mall. Usher, No Doubt, Fall Out Boy, Mary J. Blige, Train, and My Morning Jacket are all performing in honor of Earth Day. This event is also an opportunity to show national leaders the importance of protecting the climate and ending global poverty.  

Image credits:
National Cherry Blossom photograph courtesy of The Churchill Hotel.
Taste of the Nation photograph courtesy of Taste of the Nation DC.
Olivia Berman is a freshman from Greenwich, CT. She is in the College and planning to major in Psych and Econ. In high school, she wrote for the school newspaper and a lifestyle blog. Over the summer, she works as a camp counselor. When she's not working, you can find her shopping on M Street, spinning at Soul Cycle, or swimming at Yates.