Weekly Wardrobe: The Easy Style Series

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

I’m always reading style magazines, looking for inspiration for my own wardrobe. Since first semester just started, I feel like I’m doing this more now than ever! Sometimes it’s tempting to buy a ton of new clothes in the beginning of the year or show up to class in pajamas, but here at Georgetown getting dressed up for class is more common than dressing down! There are definitely mornings when I don’t feel like dressing up, so I tend to throw on some leggings and a huge sweater with some cute flats, and I’m good to go. I decided to put together six items that you can mix and match to carry you throughout the whole entire week. I know repeating outfits isn’t always on everyone’s list, but no one said anything about repeating certain items!

My Picks:
A chambray shirt – splurge on one from J.Crew or Madewell or save at Forever 21
A pair of colored skinny cords (mustard yellow for me!) – my favorite are from Madewell, but you can definitely find cheaper alternatives!
A gray crewneck sweater – check out Forever21, Madewell’s Honeycomb Sweater, H&M, or Zara
A pair of leggings – my favorite pair is from HUE, so durable and not too expensive
A jersey dress – there are some great picks from Stylemint, H&M and American Apparel. Go for solids or stripes!
A skinny leopard print belt – these are in so many stores this fall!

Monday: Pair your jersey dress with a chambray shirt. Knot the shirt instead of buttoning it at your waist for an added touch of style!

Tuesday: Keep it simple, but stylish by pairing your bright cords with a sweater in a neutral tone.

Wednesday: When you just feel like being comfortable and casual (but still cute!) wear some leggings with the chambray button down and the sweater on top! Make sure the collar of the chambray is placed outside the neck of the sweater.

Thursday: Throw on your skinny cords and add your chambray. Scrunch up the sleeves and knot the bottom of the shirt at your hips, right on top of cords!

Friday: Time to break out the jersey dress again and add your sweater on top. Throw your leopard belt around them middle and you have made it to the end of the week!

I will leave shoes up to you ladies, but hopefully this helps some of you with outfit ideas! If you see a girl on campus rocking some of these outfits, it may or may not be me…

P.S. Check out J.Crew, down on M or Madewell, on Wisconsin, for a fifteen percent student discount!

Catherine Murphy is a junior at Georgetown University.  She is majoring in Marketing in Georgetown's McDonough School of Business.  She is also planning on completing minors in English and Sociology.