Versatility Found in a Leather Skirt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Due to the constraints of a college student budget, versatility holds priority when I’m shopping for a new piece to add to my wardrobe.  I want to be able to wear it all year round, to dress it up or down, and to have it work with all facets of my style.  Fortunately, one of the trendiest looks this fall also proves to be the most versatile; it’s the leather skirt!

Whether your style is preppy, grunge, or something between, there is a leather skirt for you.  Black is the obvious choice and is undoubtedly a classic, but don’t be afraid to go with white, brown, or even a pastel pink.  The leather adds texture to an otherwise simple wardrobe staple and will be sure to enhance your individual style.                               

Wear it in the warmer months with a casual tee, some sunnies, and your favorite pair of sandals.  Then when it gets a little colder, opt for tights, a scarf and some boots, just like this lovely lady I saw on her way to class.   The contrast between her edgy, flared skirt and her feminine sweater and accessories creates an effortless juxtaposition between hard and soft styles.

So if you’re looking to add something versatile to your wardrobe, take a hint from this gal and get yourself a leather skirt.

Lauren Saar

Georgetown

My name is Lauren Saar. I am a sophomore in the College at Georgetown University. I am an English major and am on the varsity volleyball team. I am also a Style Guru representing Georgetown's campus at CollegeFashionista.com. I could talk about fashion, film, and music for hours and I am excited to be able to write about exactly those sorts of things on HerCampus.
Lacey Henry

Georgetown