Valentine’s Day Makeup Looks: Straight from the Red Carpet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Whether or not you have a hot date with your boyfriend, that new episode of Vampire Diaries, or your group of girl friends, you want to look good on Valentine’s Day. Even though you may want to get comfy, put on pjs and wail about your love life (or lack-of) wondering why you can’t have a Damon or Stefan to your Elena, you shouldn’t. Put on a great outfit, gorgeous makeup, go out and have a good time. If you happen to have the Damon/Stefan to your Elena, or are attempting to get to that level, then there’s a good chance some of these looks may help to enchant your boy.

1.     Dianna Agron is absolutely beautiful, but in this photo I think she looks stunning. To get her look go for the flushed/glowy look, and apply a pink blush to the apples of your cheeks, highlighter to your cheekbones, and a shimmery silver all over your lids and into your inner corners. Finish off with a light application of black liner on your upper lashline, fluttery lashes and rosy pink lips.

2.     Diane Kruger is rocking both a natural and trendy look at the same time in this picture. Go for a hint of blush on the cheeks, and a very light bronze on the lids. Apply an ivory/champagne color to the inner corners and finish off with mascara. Highlight the bridge of your nose and apply a bright pink to your lips. Blot the lips with a tissue, reapply the lipstick, and blot again to mattify the color. 

[pagebreak]

3.     To achieve Amber Heard’s look you only need two eyeshadows, a luminous gold and a really light almost white gold. Apply the first gold all over your lids and underneath the lower lashline, and apply the lighter gold to the inner corner. Finish off with voluminous lashes (add falsies if you want) and keep the rest of the face, including the lips natural.

[pagebreak]

4. For LC’s look all you need is black liquid liner and mascara. Begin by starting halfway into your upper lashline and tracing a line out, slightly flicking up at the end. The major thing here is keeping the look subtle. Add some mascara plus a nude lip and you’re all set.

5.     Kate Beckinsale’s look is all warm tones, glowy skin and champagne lips. Get this look by apply a warm metallic brown eyeshadow to the lids, a brown liner on the waterline and fluttery, thick lashes (lots of mascara and curling!) Finish up by applying a bronze highlighter to you cheekbones, nose and cupid’s bow. Top it off with a champagne lipgloss to pull it all together.

6.     To get Emma’s look line your eyes (both lashlines and waterline) with a navy blue eyeliner. Flick out at the end and pat some shimmery navy blue eyeshadow on top of your liner to finish off this look. Finish it off with some peach lipstick/gloss and mascara.

[pagebreak]

Here are some looks I did that are easy to pull off and perfect for Valentine’s Day!

Rose Shimmer (apply a rosy pink eyeshadow and some light glitter on top) 

[pagebreak]

Subtle Smokey Eye (apply a light silver all over the lid and lower lashline and a metallic grey in the crease)

[pagebreak]

Dramatic Naturals (apply a champagne all over the lid and a golden bronze in the crease, upper lashline and lower lashline. Load up on mascara!)

The eye shots are courtesy of me, and the pictures of actresses are from: temptalia.com and the glamour beauty department website

Catherine Murphy is a junior at Georgetown University.  She is majoring in Marketing in Georgetown's McDonough School of Business.  She is also planning on completing minors in English and Sociology.