This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

With so many opportunities to get involved at Georgetown, it’s easy for one to find a club or activity they enjoy and love to do. For New Jersey native Priya Sharma (MSB ‘15), she found two major groups on campus to love. In her words, “they have completely defined” her time so far at Georgetown. With only three semesters left, she plans on continuing to work at GUASFCU, bring cool speakers to campus with Lecture Fund, and enjoy a nice snack at her favorite Georgetown “restaurant”- Pinkberry.

Her Campus: How has being involved in Lecture Fund and Credit Union (GUASFCU) shaped your Georgetown experience?

Priya: I love, and am so grateful, to be a part of two major Georgetown traditions – as a junior now I can safely say that they have completely defined my Georgetown experience. They both provide such value to the Hoya community and in two very different, but equally important ways: financially and intellectually. It’s really cool to contribute and give back to the school in those ways and with such amazing people!

HC: For our readers that aren’t familiar with GUASFCU, could you explain a little about it?

PS: We are a completely student-run financial institution of interns from a variety of backgrounds, schools, and majors. We aim to serve the Georgetown community with all of their banking needs and are proud to say that over 70% of Hoyas bank with us! We love that we can not only make banking convenient or build your credit score, but also raise awareness through our philanthropic efforts and grants. (You probably remember one of our events earlier in the year with the Lucky Dog Animal Rescue – it’s hard to resist so many cute puppies on Copley Lawn!)

HC: Who is your favorite speaker the Lecture Fund has brought in? 

PS: Sadly Bradley Cooper was before my time, but I loved the event with Jon Favreau, our kickoff speaker for this year. He was a speechwriter for President Obama and was so engaging and personable when he spoke in Gaston. It also doesn’t hurt that he’s funny, smart, attractive, and everything a girl could ever want. Sorry, what was the question?

HC: What else are you involved in on campus?:

PS: I’m a huge fan of GUGS (Georgetown University Grilling Society), even despite my vegetarianism — the veggie burgers are actually good and I highly recommend everyone try them! I’m also no longer a member of the team, but still Word-of-Mouth Marketing Sponsor for the GU Improv Team (official title pending). I highly recommend everyone take their GUGS veggie burgers to a show because you will probably not like the burger and spit it out anyway from laughter. Our improv team is hysterical and you’d be crazy to miss out on a show. I’m also planning an exciting event called Elevator Down, which merges Georgetown’s sense of entrepreneurship with philanthropy. It’s a really cool way to give back since the event serves to give microloans through the renowned nonprofit Kiva, and even includes a silent auction with items from various Hoya entrepreneurs! It’ll be a really unique opportunity for people to give back and have fun at the same time of course!

Lightning Round

Favorite Georgetown restaurant: Pinkberry- yes that counts!

TV Shows or Movies?: Veronica Mars! (Two birds, one stone)

Relax on the beach or hit the slopes?: Relax on the beach

Dinner with anyone, dead or alive?: Joss Whedon