This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Dear Santa,

A peek at my wishlist and a few of this season’s trends…

1) Jumpsuits

Left to right: Vince, Alice and Olivia, MIlly, Nanette Lepore

Living four months in Copenhagen, where jumpsuits can be found in essentially every store and everywhere on the street, I had to see what the fuss was about. Hands down, the greatest purchase I have ever made. I chose a very soft cotton grey jumpsuit that I dress up with boots and a sweater or down with toms and a zip up.

After being so satisfied with my purchase, I was ecstatic to see Copenhageners are not the only ones jumping on the jumpsuit bandwagon. This spring many designers including Theory, Alice and Olivia, and French Connection have all featured dressier, silk jumpsuits in their collection.

2) Emerald

Left to right: Kate Spade, Emily Salomon, Rebecca Minkoff

Emerald is in. This striking color offers a bright pop to any outfit and is fun yet sophisticated. Emerald pieces have been featured on various blogs, both Danish and American, and are also very festive for the holiday season. My favorite examples of emerald accents are Kate Spades classic stud earring, Nail Polish and eyeliner, and Rebecca Minkoff’s Mini Quilt Handbag.

3) Beanies

Left to right: All Saints, Aritzia, Aritzia, Aritzia

Not only are beanies edgy and trendy, they are incredibly practical. Late to class and don’t have time to wash your hair? Beanie. Going out at night and don’t want to deal with coat check? Beanie. Looking to add a little flair to any outfit? The answer is always beanie!

For a more sophisticated look go for a loose fitting, slouchy hat and pair with a classic wool coat. For a more alternative vibe, try leather leggings, an oversized crewneck and simple cotton beanie from Carhartt.

4) Fur

Left to right: Joie, Anna Wintour, Rebecca Minkoff

When Anna Wintour featured fur on the cover of Vogue in the early 1990’s, she single-handedly put it back on the map. Now more than ever, fur can be seen everywhere from vests, to capes, to headbands. Whether you chose faux or real, fur adds an element of luxury to whatever you wear.

Fur is very common in Europe and I was fortunate enough to find a beautiful grey rabbit vest at a great price. I did feel a tinge of guilt opting for real over faux, but I like to believe my rabbit died of natural causes.

5) Smoking Slippers

Left to right: Tory Burch, Alexander McQueen, Manolo Blahnik

The next evolution of the ballet flat. Smoking slippers are slightly boyish and completely stylish. I asked Santa for Via Spiga’s cheetah smoking flat, which I plan to wear casually with boyfriend jeans or dressed up with coated black pants and a blazer. I love smoking flats so much because they can be worn almost year round and with a variety of outfits.

Katie Stuke

Georgetown

Lacey Henry

Georgetown