This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

There comes that time of year, right around second semester midterms, when everything and anything that seems to be stressful kicks in at once. Sometimes it feels as if it comes out of nowhere, and I can tell you that has been the case for me. I had the flu last week, began midterms, started a new job, and had countless assignments due; making me feel like any semblance of a life I had left was slowly fading away. Then yesterday in accounting class I had an epiphany of sorts. Sitting there I realized it was mid-February, mid-February!, which meant that March and then April were right around the corner, along with the end of my freshmen year. Realizing this had me thinking about a lot, but mostly where did all the time go and how did it pass by so, so quickly?

This week I was debating on whether to do a beauty tutorial, or a fashion-related article, but I settled on this topic, because to me it’s important and something everyone needs to remember. You always hear expressions such as “live life to the fullest”, “treasure every moment”, and “carpe diem”, and while they may seem cliché, they couldn’t be more true. Reflecting on this yesterday, I realized I may say these expressions, but I need to actually follow them. Yes I’ll still be in MSB during weekdays working late, and yes I may still get stressed, but throughout all this it’s important to remember that wasting your life being stressed and living life based off of the next assignment you have due isn’t any way to live. We all know that we need to work hard, but it’s important to sit back, relax and have fun. Make sure you have time to enjoy a weekend with friends, have a break every day between studying, just take moments to breathe (or laugh/go wild). Soon enough we’ll be heading home for spring break, and once we get back there will be a little more than a handful of weeks left, which kind of puts things in perspective.

So to be as cliché as it gets, take up Drake’s words of wisdom “Y.O.L.O.” (you only live once), or for those reading this who appreciate the classics, in the words of Ferris Bueller, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

All photos come from itwontstealyoursubstance.tumblr.com

Catherine Murphy is a junior at Georgetown University.  She is majoring in Marketing in Georgetown's McDonough School of Business.  She is also planning on completing minors in English and Sociology.