Jump into Spring with Purple

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Nail polish is a necessary accessory to any outfit. Forget the dark shades of winter and jump into spring with color. This spring season it’s all about purple when it comes to painting to your nails. While purple may sound a bit daring, if you look around you will be sure to find the right shade for you. Lavenders and lilacs tend to be the most popular, but if brights or darker colors are your nail trademark, there are plenty of purples that fit the criteria. From pedicures in Miami Beach to manicures in New York City, purple is on everyone’s hands and feet as the ultimate spring accessory. Here is a list of some of the best purples in the nail world that will help you be right on the trend this spring. Happy nail painting!

Go Ginza by Essie or Lucky Lucky Lavender by OPI: A combination of light pink and lavender, this is perfect for your introduction to the purple world. It will be sure to leave your friends eager to join the trend.

[pagebreak]

Nice is Nice by Essie or: Molly Coddled by Butter: A light lavender with a slight purple punch, this is great for manicures or pedicures, and will leave you feeling ready for spring.

[pagebreak]

Lilacism by Essie or Rumple Wiggins by OPI: If you are looking for a light purple with blue undertones, this is the color for you. Trendy, yet slightly daring.

[pagebreak]

Play Date by Essie or Peace Out Purple by Color Club: Want to add a little spunk to your nails? This bright purple screams funky and fun.

[pagebreak]

Ripple Effect by Spa Rituals: A deeper purple, this color is the perfect match if you are looking for a stronger purple than lavender, but do not want your nails to draw all the attention.

[pagebreak]

Disco Dress by Color Club: Dare to start the neon trend of summer early and branch out with this oh-so bright purple.

Jordan Muto

Georgetown

Julia Matin

Georgetown

Julia Matin is a senior at Georgetown University, studying English and Government. She is Vice President of Human Resources at the Georgetown University Alumni and Student Federal Credit Union, the largest student-run financial institution in the country. Her interests include writing, lacrosse, field hockey, and skiing. Julia is thrilled to be co-founding the Georgetown branch of Her Campus with Catherine Murphy!