Hoya Beats: Christmas Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

It’s that time of year again, when Christmas carols are everywhere you go. You’ll hear them taking over the radio, playing in the shops on M street, and coming out of the headphones of the kid sitting next to you in Lau. 

Whether you prefer the classics, or enjoy a new spin on your holiday favorites, Her Campus Georgetown has the perfect Christmas playlist for you. 

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays – ‘N Sync
Everyone’s favorite boy band can be thanked for making everyone’s favorite holiday song. 
Check it out here

Cold December Night – Michael Buble
Michael Buble has an amazing voice, and the perfect voice for Christmas songs. While his whole Christmas album is great, this is a personal favorite. 
Check it out here

[pagebreak] 

New York Christmas – Rob Thomas
For all those New Yorkers this is the perfect Christmas tune. Nothing is better than New York at Christmas, and this song celebrates that!
Check it out here

All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey 
It goes without saying that All I Want for Christmas is You is a holiday classic. Mariah Carey has given the world a Christmas favorite for the ages. 
Check it out here

[pagebreak] 

The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole
The same says it all. This is “THE” Christmas song. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire … 
Check it out here

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Frank Sinatra 
Sintatra brings his unique sounds to this Christmas classic. Wishing everyone a Merry Little Christmas! 
Check it out here 

Enjoy these Christmas favorites and many more this holiday season! 

Julia Matin

Georgetown

Julia Matin is a senior at Georgetown University, studying English and Government. She is Vice President of Human Resources at the Georgetown University Alumni and Student Federal Credit Union, the largest student-run financial institution in the country. Her interests include writing, lacrosse, field hockey, and skiing. Julia is thrilled to be co-founding the Georgetown branch of Her Campus with Catherine Murphy!