How to Decorate Your Dorm Room for Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Lights

Who doesn’t love Christmas lights? Not only are they festive, but you can keep them year-round to add a fun touch to your dorm decor. The white ones don’t clash with anything and work well in any room.

Tree

Even though dorms don’t usually allow live Christmas trees, that doesn’t mean you can’t get in the holiday spirit! Getting an artificial, mini tree is one of the best ways to brighten up your room. You could also make a tree out of things you already have.

Snowflakes

Making snowflakes is a really easy way to decorate your room, and you can leave them up all winter- not just for Christmas. It’s inexpensive, too. All you need is paper and a pair of scissors.

Air Fresheners

Because having an open flame in a dorm isn’t usually a great idea, air fresheners are a great alternative to candles. Look for apple, cinnamon, candy, or pine scents to make your room smell like the holidays.

Snowman

I love this idea. Turn your fridge or door into a snowman with paper cutouts for eyes, a mouth, a scarf, and a carrot nose. It’s super fun, easy, and cute. You could also make a penguin or reindeer, too.

Wreath

A wreath is a creative craft for the holiday season. Make one out of paper, ribbon, candy, or whatever else you can think of.

Stockings

Stockings are another really easy way to bring the Christmas spirit to your room. You can either buy them or make them from paper or felt. Put them somewhere in your room or on your door- it’s up to you.

Sara Clark

Georgetown

Victoria is a senior at Georgetown University studying Psychology. She is a self proclaimed Pinterest enthusiast and health nut, who also enjoys running, yoga, baking, and anything outdoors.