Life > Academics

#GTownTrending: Making it through Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Midterms are upon us, but that doesn’t mean we all can’t have a good laugh. Whether you are studying for that Math in Society test you really do not want to take, that Intro to History course we would have never taken on our own volition or that Econometrics test that may take over your life, everyone needs that moment to step away from the computer or calculator and just breathe.  

Let’s begin with our favorite stud, Ryan Lochte. Though he is not the sharpest tool in the shed or the brightest crayon in the box, he sure is easy on the eyes. However, in this clip, when asked to predict the winner of a football game he chooses a team that isn’t even playing… oh boy…

Watch Here

Taylor Swift is about to drop her next album and I think girls and guys are all excited. I did not realize how many guys are genuinely into TSwift’s music. This single is great for a study pick-me-up or a long car drive. You go girl.

Listen Here

Although we all love Tswift’s music, we all may not like her relationship choices or the fact that she sings so candidly about all her break-ups. But hey, those dates and failed loves have produced amazing hits like the one above. But, buying a house across the street from your new boyfriend (who happens to be 18) might be pushing it Taylor:

http://perezhilton.com/2012-10-21-taylor-swift-buys-home-in-cape-code-near-kennedy-compound#.UIS3WBzt9T8

To end, the election is right around the corner, so not only should you take your study break to laugh but also to take some time to know about what is going on outside of Georgetown’s bubble. If you don’t already, check out the Daily Beast’s Cheat Sheet. They present information in a concise format so it is easy to glance over quickly and then get back to studying:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheets/2012/10/21/cheat-sheet.html