Georgetown’s Latest Hidden Shopping Gem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Tucked away in heart of Cady’s Alley is newly opened Steven Alan, a women’s and men’s clothing store. New York and LA shoppers may be familiar with Steven Alan already. For those of you who are not, Steven Alan is multi-brand retailer carrying brands like Acne and APC, as well as their own private label. They have a fashion forward, yet laid back aesthetic. It is definitely the place to shop if you want to find trendy everyday pieces from novelty brands. Having shopped at Steven Alan before, I was disappointed to find that the Georgetown location did not carry Isabel Marant. However, an employee at the store assured me that the line should be in store with in the next 6 months. Lets hope it comes sooner! 

Steven Alan carries unique accessories from designers such as Claire Vivier, famous for her zippered fold over clutch. They also have understated bags that will be sure to go with just about every outfit and occasion. The jewelry selection is unique and varies in price. It is definitely a must if you are looking for a gift for a friend’s birthday or a little pick me up. The jewelry is typically simple and understated, perfect for everyday wear. Think little gold bracelets with fine detailing, perfect for starting your very own stack of bracelets (my personal favorite) or gold necklaces with small pendants that can be layered with your other favorite necklaces. If you are sporting the latest trend of stacked rings, it is definitely a good place to look for dainty rings to add to your collection.

The store is a little hard to find. It is in the courtyard where Leopold’s Kafe has its outdoor seating, next to Jewelerswerk and L2 Lounge.  Steven Alan is the perfect spot to shop while you wait for a table at the popular Leopold’s Kafe.