Fashion Role Models

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Kate Moss
Kate Moss is perhaps one of the most iconic supermodels of our time. While her health and personal life have continued to be constant sources of criticism, her style is undeniably the perfect mix of contemporary and timeless. Kate’s style confidence allows for her to rock the last looks on and off the runway. She continues to be a muse to some of the most notable designers in the industry and is one of our fashion role models.

[pagebreak]

Ksenia Sobchak
While she is not exactly well-known state side, Ksenia Sobchak is one of the most recognizable faces in Russia. She is a Russian reality superstar, who loves fashion. If that was not interesting enough, Ksenia rocked the political world when she step out and joined the movement against Vladimir Putin, her father, Anatoly Sobchak’s political prodigy. Both her political views and fashion choices have been the subject of scrutiny, but overall, she is a Chanel-loving, politically active socialite.

[pagebreak]

Madonna 
Who would have thought back in 1984, when she was rolling around on the MTV Music Awards stage in a wedding gown, that the ‘Like a Virgin’ singer would become the icon we know now. Like our other fashion role models, her style has been controversial throughout the years, but now she has settled in as a serious fashionista. With the launch of her new line Material Girl, millions of girls can share the original material girl’s style. What’s even better is that every item in Madonna’s Material Girl has been approved by Lourdes, her stylist daughter.

[pagebreak]

Carrie Bradshaw
Sarah Jessica Parker is a fashion role model in her own right, but her character and her alter ego Carrie Bradshaw is the ideal New York fashion role model for any young twenty-something looking to make it in the big city. Her style has been up and down throughout the seasons, but her ability to rock the belly-shirt and the fur coat with the mini dress, must be appreciated. While I won’t exactly go around rocking her black bra with a high waisted skirt look, her many other styles are inspirational.

[pagebreak]

Cheryl Cole
My favorite London superstar is finally coming stateside, and she is making quite a splash. Cheryl Cole is a member of the British group Girls Aloud and a very successful sole artist. Her style is chic and classic yet edgy and forward thinking. She has graced the covers of British Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar. She continues to turn out pop hits and has solidified her spot as a British icon.

A Cheryl Cole Playlist: 
Call My Name 
Parachute
The Flood
Fight For this Love

Catherine Murphy is a junior at Georgetown University.  She is majoring in Marketing in Georgetown's McDonough School of Business.  She is also planning on completing minors in English and Sociology.