This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

There’s no denying that emerald is the color of the year.  It’s been on runways, red carpets, and splashed across magazine covers, prompting every girl to find her own piece of emerald to incorporate into her wardrobe. Even though St. Patrick’s Day is behind us, we don’t need to discard our green apparel until our next Irish celebration. You can, instead, wear this color in a way that’s appropriate for any occasion. 

So, stop packing away your green jeans with your shamrock headband! Keep them out and maybe wear them to class next week with a white blouse.  If you rocked the emerald eyes on St. Patty’s Day, don’t be afraid to wear them again or keep that minty green shade on you nails.  Whichever way you chose to show your Irish spirit this year, you can tone it down to an everyday look by choosing one green piece per outfit.  Although we’re bummed that our favorite holiday is over, this trend is just beginning, so we can look forward to rocking our emerald St. Patrick’s Day apparel all spring.

When wearing emerald, make sure to pair it with a neutral so that the outfit doesn’t get too busy.  If you want to spice the look up a little, striped or leopard patterns work well with this color.  Here are some emerald pieces that you can add to your closet to give your wardrobe a burst of color. 

Paige Verdugo Ultra Skinny – Emerald $179.00

[pagebreak]

Cole Haan Linley Flat Swingpack $92.99

[pagebreak]

Sephora + Pantone Universe Mini Graphic Effect Lacquers $18.00

[pagebreak]

Sephora + Pantone Universe Color Theory Shadow Block – Eclipsed $26.00

[pagebreak]

La Garconne H.R. /
Rose Gold Emerald Stud Earrings $198.00

[pagebreak]

Kate Spade New York ‘Tiny’ Flat $198.00 

Julia Matin

Georgetown

Julia Matin is a senior at Georgetown University, studying English and Government. She is Vice President of Human Resources at the Georgetown University Alumni and Student Federal Credit Union, the largest student-run financial institution in the country. Her interests include writing, lacrosse, field hockey, and skiing. Julia is thrilled to be co-founding the Georgetown branch of Her Campus with Catherine Murphy!