The Danish Diaries: The Hunt for Danish Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Arguably one of the most distinctive features of Copenhagen, Denmark is its people. As a whole, Danish people are not only beautiful and fit, but also very fashion-forward. As I begin my semester abroad, I have also begun my hunt for the latest Danish and European trends. 

What better place to gain an insight on Danish street style than the streets themselves. Despite the fact that the Kroner is 5.5 times stronger than the US dollar, nothing can deter me from a day of shopping. At a local street fair of Danish bloggers and people, I was able to buy a romper, shorts, two shirts, and a skirt for 80K, which is less than $15…no seriously. 

[pagebreak]

Pairing a unique piece with other basic items is great way to spice up an outfit for an evening out. Both these shorts and shirt offer a little sparkle to otherwise ordinary looks. 

[pagebreak]

This cotton tank and sky blue romper are basic summer essentials. Adding a bright ring or belt makes the outfit slightly unique yet effortlessly put together. 

[pagebreak]

A basic black blouse and jeans is a go-to outfit for dinner with the girls or date night with your boyfriend. The open back and red clutch are a great way to make the look both fun and flirty.

The shiny metallic material of this skirt combined with the cheetah top is a bold look to say the least. While this wouldn’t be a look for a first interview, it could definitely work for an internship or job in a more relaxed industry. Sure it could be a little wild for some, but that’s what thrift shopping is all about!