burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Danish Diaries: Flea Market Finds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Finders Keepers (pictured above) is a huge bizarre held annually in Copenhagen. It features jewelry, shoes, handbags and art from up incoming designers and artists.  Additionally, there is a ton of used clothes and jewelry from local fashion bloggers and storeowners. Below are just some of the amazingly cheap items I found at Finders Keepers.

This graphic tee-shirt, originally from ZARA, belonged to a young Copenhagen girl about my age who was moving in with her boyfriend and downsizing her closet. The simple white and black color makes this shirt easy to throw on with any outfit, but at the same time more interesting than a basic tee.

A warm weather scarf is the perfect accent to any outfit. The classic cheetah print is re-imagined in the contrasting teal and gray that adds an air of youth to a sophisticated pattern.

As soon as I spotted this SAMSØE & SAMSØE skirt I ran to claim it. The lightweight material is perfect for a summer day at the beach or an afternoon touring the city of Rome with a pair of vans. The pattern alone sold me, but when I realized it has pockets I could not say no.

I also bought this tee shirt from the same young girl mentioned earlier. The slightly tattered neckline and graphic design give the shirt a youthful edge that is both versatile and fun. Whether it is dressed up with some bright pink lipstick and girly pearls or dressed down with distressed jeans and a casual scarf, it blends with any style.

I fell in love with this coat because to me, it possesses all of the basic traits of the classic trench coat with slightly more flare. The adjustable drawstring waist allows the coat to have a casual, oversized look or fitted feminine line. It’s a great transitional piece for the fall with dark pants, camo toms, and a scarf but can also be worn in the spring due to its light color.

This denim jumper is certainly not a classic look. While I initially picked it up to wear with a crop top or flannel to a 90’s party, I soon realized this jumper had potential. I wore it to class with a light sweater and boots on a sunny fall day that had a slight breeze. I would be lying if I said I didn’t second-guess every compliment as if it were coming from Regina George but hey…when in Copenhagen.

Some would argue there is no feeling quite as fulfilling as finding the perfect leather skirt. A leather skirt can be dressed up with heels or dressed down with a sweater and tights, and worn year round. Warm-weather leather is an increasingly common trend in many fashion blogs, both Danish and American.

Both of these earrings are fun pops for any outfit and the clutch is an essential piece but with the added interest of the quilted pattern. My true pride and joy from my day at Finders Keepers, however, are my cheetah kitten heels. I had been hunting high and low for “the perfect” cheetah patterned shoe and when I finally stopped looking they found me…in my exact size…. for 25 kroner ($4.50) Cinderella can keep her glass slippers, I would pick cheetah any day.

Katie Stuke

Georgetown

Lacey Henry

Georgetown