The Countdown Begins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

It’s hard to believe that it is already November. Pre-registration for spring semester has begun, the deadline has passed for dropping that terrible Chem. class, and we are now approaching the first semester homestretch. Even crazier, Thanksgiving is only about two weeks away! Before we know it, we will all be eating way too much, reuniting with friends and family, and most likely sleeping off a couple hangovers rather than being forced to study all day (Finally). No matter what our Thanksgiving plans may be, the break is a great chance to relax and gather ourselves following stressful midterms and late night study sessions at Midnight Mug…so enjoy the time off! Hang out with your family, eat a couple extra slices of pumpkin pie, and load up on the stuffing because we all know Leo’s will not be able to match up. Oh and don’t forget, with the arrival of Thanksgiving means the holidays are quickly approaching. Aka: gingerbread cookies, holiday music, presents, Christmas trees…I could go on forever! Get pumped for the next couple of months because, despite the cold, it’s going to be a fun time!  Let the countdown begin!

Catherine Murphy is a junior at Georgetown University.  She is majoring in Marketing in Georgetown's McDonough School of Business.  She is also planning on completing minors in English and Sociology.