This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

CorePower Yoga has locations all over the country and two locations close to Georgetown University.  One is located on Thomas Jefferson Street right across from Baked & Wired—perfect for motivating you through your workout.  The other location just opened last month on Wisconsin Avenue and is conveniently situated across from Sweet Green.

Both CorePower studios offer a few different types of exercise classes.  All are yoga based, but depending on how fond you are of downward dog, different classes might be better or worse for you.

If you’re looking to work off that pumpkin pie or simply searching for some stress-relief during finals week, I highly recommend trying a couple classes at CorePower yoga.  Here are a few quick descriptions of the different classes.

CorePower Yoga 1: Beginning Power Yoga

If you’ve never tried hot yoga before, I think this class is a perfect place to start.  Though it’s heated, the studio is a comfortable warm temperature that’s not too much to take.  Like all CorePower classes, C1 is only 60 minutes long.  The class focuses a lot on traditional yoga poses incorporates the some vinyasa sequences—the movement from downward to upward dog, which often adds in warrior or mountain poses.  If you want to focus on stretching and relaxing or you’re just new, try C1 first.

CorePower Yoga 2: Heated Power Yoga

This class takes C1 and turns up the heat—literally and figuratively.  The studio is hotter but the pace of movements is also faster.  If you enjoy vinyasa-flow style classes, this is definitely a place where you can practice your chaturanga in a more intense setting.  After the sun salutation series, expect to do a few standing balance poses and maybe some ab exercises.  The focus in C2 is definitely on downward dog, so prepare to work your arms and shoulders. 

Hot Power Fusion

Like C2, HPF is taught in a similar climate—hot.  The two classes are a bit different, however.  Whereas C2 incorporates a lot vinyasa and sun-salutation sequences (read: lots of downward dogs), HPF has more standing and balancing poses, like tree, half-moon, and airplane.  Though not quite the same, HPF is a bit more similar to Bikram yoga than it is to the other popular yoga style, vinyasa.  If you want to work your core and legs, HPF is for you.

CorePower Yoga Sculpt

Yoga Sculpt is heated yoga with weights.  I consider this class to be the best “bang for your buck.”  As in, you will definitely be sore the next day.  If you’re looking for more of a workout-style class as opposed to a relaxation from yoga, try Sculpt.  Like all the other classes, Sculpt is set to music, but here the music plays more of a motivating role.  Though at times you may be cursing the oh-so-peppy instructor who won’t stop telling you to do spider crunches, your beach body will thank you later.