The Concert for Valor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

So you may have heard of a little free concert coming to the Mall on Veterans Day. But in case you haven’t heard. Here are the details:

What: A concert sponsored by HBO, Starbucks, and Chase. Musical acts include Bruce Springsteen, Rihanna, Eminem, The Black Keys, Dave Grohl, Jennifer Hudson, Jessie J, Metallica, Carrie Underwood, and Zac Brown Band. It is hosted by Jack Black, Bryan Cranston, Jamie Foxx, George Lopez, John Oliver, and Bob Woodruff. There will be special appearances by Meryl Steep, Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, and many others.

Where: The National Mall

When: Veterans Day at 7:00pm

So yeah, this will definitely be the must go to event of the year. Here are some tips:

1.     Since it is a free concert, with an amazing lineup there will be a lot of people. Which means people will get there super early. Compare it to the Fourth of July concert and fireworks or John Stewart’s Rally to Restore Sanity. So get there as early as possible to score yourself a decent spot. Bring lots of snacks.

2.     The Blue Line will be closed. So take a bus.

3.     Take lots of pictures. Brag about going to the event. Have fun.

Lastly, remember that this event is to thank our troops! So donate, volunteer, or at least say thank you to the brave men and women protecting our country.

Check out the Concert for Valor website for more information?